How to move Door, Window, Cabinet?

I just purchased HD Architectural 2012 - please forgive me - novice user.

Example - My garage "wall" is 26' wide. Within that 26' are 2 garage doors. One is an 8' wide garage door and the other is a 16' wide garage door - 3 car garage home.

In both ends of the garage walls, between the wall and the garage door is 20" of space for garage cabinets/storage.

There is also 14" of garage "column/wall" between the 1 & 2 car garage doors.

I just need to be able to "anchor" one side of the garage doors. The auto-center/expand feature is great but it re-sizes my the space between the "north, south and "column/wall".
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	031112v1.png 
Views:	183 
Size:	21.8 KB 
ID:	12177  
    Thank you!
    Home Designer Architectural 2012

Welcome to the forum.

Just select one of the doors, and precisely move it the required distance from the wall. Then select the second door and precisely move it the required distance from the other door.

If you click on the door near the interior side, temporary dimensions should appear from the interior of the side wall.

Similarly, if you click on the door near the exterior side, temporary dimensions should appear from the exterior of the side wall that allow you to precisely position it.

Hope this helps.
    Home Designer Pro 8
    Home Designer Pro 10