Creating new material, an area rug

Home Designer 9.0
    I want to "import" an area rug jpg, from the net, for a beachside condo. when i go thru the "New Material" steps it only allows a "square" material, tiled. i want the selected jpg to become an area rug about 8'x11'. When i select the new material, the spray paint can shows up and I "spray paint" it onto an existing area rug it does indeed paste the new rug, but it is tiled and not the correct size, aspect ratio.
    if i re-size it or move it, it is like moving a viewing glass over some preexisting tiled image, it does not "resize" it just moves the new size over the seemingly unalterable or un-movable underlying image.

How can i "import" the rug jpg, in the correct aspect ratio, and have it "be" the size i want (8'x11'), and after i spray paint it onto an existing area rug, if i move it around, rotate, etc it stays as the original 8x11 ?

In other words i want one big rectangular "tile" of size 8'x11' or whatever.
    is that possible, or how close can i come?
    I have HD 9.0.

Same basic procedure as described in this article but apply the material to a Rug symbol instead of a picture frame.

Article Number 138: How to add a custom picture or painting into your designs
    Kat >^..^<
    -
    Home Designer Architectural 10
    AHD 8
    Deluxe 7

The instructions in the linked article 138 don't work for me. I am using Home Design Architectural 2012 and trying to add an image of a particular brand TV to my User Catalog so I can apply it as a material. I've followed the instructions in the linked article repeatedly, but cannot get the .jpg image to "stretch to fit". It is always tiled (in the edit material dialog and in the drawing) whether or not I have "Stretch to fit" ticked.
    Any other suggestions?
    Thanks!

import a model of your brand from 3d warehouse. http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/

jon
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560M (331.40)
    3GB VRAM
    Win 7 Pro, 64-bit, SP1
    Chief Architect Premier X5
    HD Pro 2012
    Adobe CC
    A note pad and #2 pencil

Thanks, Jon. Did that. Submitted drawings. Got the job.
    I'd still like to figure out what's wrong with importing images for future use.
    I guess I'll have to contact the company.