lattice or foundation skirt under a porch

Hello,

I am using Home Designer Suite 2012.

I have spent some time researching this question on the forum and can't seem to find a clear answer. One suggestion was to create a window and "trick it" to become a lattice panel. There muse be an easier way.

I have successfully built an front porch with railings and a gable roof which sits at the top of the foundation. I want to put a skirt or lattice or evern "continue" the foundation around the extended porch. I can't seem to find out how to do that.

Thanks so much

Fritz Klein

If you don't want to use a window with diamond lites, and don't have any lattice objects in your Library Browser (my Architectural 10 has several Lattice Panel objects that easily can do this but you may not have them in Suite), you might be able to find lattice panels in a supported file format and import them in to the software.

Article Number 888: How to import a 3D symbol from an outside source

You might also be able to import a lattice type material with transparency and apply it to an object, liked a Soffit or Closed box geometric shape from the Library Browser, if you version has that capability.
    Kat >^..^<
    -
    Home Designer Architectural 10
    AHD 8
    Deluxe 7

Hello Kat>^..^<

Thank you fory our reply. I was able to built the window with the diamond lites in a separate dummy wall set but I did not know how to put the panels into my desired drawing... is there a tutorial for that?

Thanks so much

Fritz

You can place a Wall on the Foundation level (Floor 0) and put the Window in that and raise it up so it is visible above the Terrain.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lattice Window - Fixed Glass - Suppressed Casing -  Transparent Material for Glass.jpg 
Views:	262 
Size:	36.4 KB 
ID:	12254   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lattice Window - Perspective View.jpg 
Views:	323 
Size:	177.5 KB 
ID:	12255  
    Kat >^..^<
    -
    Home Designer Architectural 10
    AHD 8
    Deluxe 7

As always thanks so very much...

I will work according to your suggestions...

Fritz