Home Designer User Stories

Chief Architect Inc began selling software in 1992. We have come a long way since that first release and would like you to join us in our 20 year celebration. Please share your Chief story with our user community. New or old, let us know how you are using the software or how the software has impacted your designs!
    www.chiefarchitect.com
    www.homedesignersoftware.com

On the Chief Architect 'chief talk' forum, there are several user success stories that our user community is sharing. Take a look: http://www.chieftalk.com/showthread.php?t=59433

I started out in this business with onion paper, graph paper and a set of stencils, oh and lots of erasers.I was working for the largest remodeling firm in Central Texas and the boss decided we would modernize using old Apple PC's that had a 9" diagonal screen.
    None of the programs we tried really cut the mustard and one day an Architect that helped us with permit drawings suggested we try 3-D Home Architect by Advanced Relational Technologies and distributed by Broderbund.
    After a couple of weeks I complained of barriers and short-falls of this program and asked our Architect friend if they had something better. He of course recommended Chief Architect, then Version 4.
    There is nothing so joyous as helping others bring their Dreams to reality, being an important part of that creative process. The looks of wonder and appreciation I get working with people, helping, has given me profound joy and satisfaction, knowing I have contributed to the comfort, satisfaction and quality of Lives, doing the work, I have chosen and that I love.
    A man is alive as he helps others; Chief Architect Inc has given me the tools I need to keep doing that and made me very glad to be alive.

DJP
    I thought I would share what I wrote at Chief Talk with my friends here.

David

David Jefferson Potter

Chief Architect® Teacher, Tutor, Draftsman, Author of "Basic Manual Roof Editing" and Problem Solver
    Chief Premier 7-16, Home Designer 7-2014 All Titles
    Win7 Ultimate x64 & XP Pro x32 500 gb Samsung SSD
    AMD Phenom II X6 1090T, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, PNY 760 GTX

3101 Shoreline Drive #2118, Austin, Texas 78728-6929
    Office Phone:512-518-3161
    Main E mail: david@djpdesigns.net
    Web Site:http://djpdesigns.net
    My You Tube Channel Follow me on Facebook