downloading Core Catalogs 2012

I am trying to download the Home Designer Suite Core Catalogs without much success? One of the files downloaded to over 600MB before the internet connection broke and I had to start again.

Are there smaller versions of the core catalogs that I can download?

Currently I am failing to download the HDCorePlantFiles.zip, which seems to be more than 1GB, and my internet connection is simpy too slow and erratic to support such a huge download without a "resume-download" function.

Alternatively, can I get a direct download link to the core catalogs so that I can manually download them using other download managers which have a resume-download capacility?

You might also want to check out the reply in this earlier thread to someone with a similar issue.

http://hometalk.homedesignersoftware...wnload+library

Quote Originally Posted by houska View Post
    Just upgraded to Architectural 2012. Had same problem.

For the benefit of others who might find this thread like I did, I solved it by tweaking certain Windows 7 TCP/IP settings that were causing large downloads to hang (and the core catalogs download is a doozy at 2 Gig).

The instructions I followed can be found by googling "disable tcp auto tuning windows 7".

The issue is that if your machine thinks it is connected to a high-speed network it will in Vista/W7 attempt to increase the size of the window of data it will send/accept without an acknowledgement from the other side.

This would increase throughput on a fast network connection, but actually has little benefit if e.g. your nice high-speed router is connected to a DSL modem, and your pipe to the internet backbone is the constraining factor, not your window size.

In fact, it may hang large downloads - like the core catalogs - if you have older equipment that somehow gets confused by what Windows is trying to do.

So - if someone else has the same issue, try if this fixes it!
    Kat >^..^<
    -
    Home Designer Architectural 10
    AHD 8
    Deluxe 7

Thanks Kat. I will probably have to contact the customer service. I dont think it's an issue with Windows 7, it's just an inconsistent internet connection. Today it downloaded 1.3 GB before breaking, and I lost all the data that had been downloaded

I did this first (see Method 1);
    then I did close down my Antivirus program and Windows Firewall. After taht there was no problem at all to download Core content (it did install correctly as well)
    It might work even if you just close Anti virus and firewll. (Sorry my bad english (I'm Swedish) ;o) /Ismo

Method 1:
    How to Disable Autotuning in Windows 7

Disabling autotuning will help much on DNS lookup and network discovery. It improves the data transfer speed also over the network. Disabling autotuning in windows 7 is very similar to Windows vista method.

Start command prompt as administrator.

Type in the below command
    Netsh interface tcp set global autotuning=disabled

This will disable the autotuning function in vista TCP/IP networking, which will help you to solve most of the problems.

To see the result of the command, you can type,

Netsh interface tcp show global

Now type - Netsh interface tcp set global rss=disabled

By using above two commands ( autotuning and rss), you can solve some of the network issues in Windows 7

To make these two settings again to the default setting, you can use following commands,

Netsh interface tcp set global autotuning=normal
    Netsh interface tcp set global rss=enabled