Trouble selecting object in 3D view

Hi,

I installed Home Designer Suite 8 on my new laptop and now when I select any object in a 3D view (Doll House, Full Camera, etc), the display changes to the Floor Plan window. When I go to the Window menu on the tool bar is shows that I am still in the 3D view, but I'm looking at the normal Floor Plan. What I have to do from there is select the Floor Plan view from the Window menu and then switch back to my 3D view. Sometimes I also have to minimize and maximize the application after that.

Everything used to work on Windows Vista, but not on my new Windows 7 machine. The new machine has an Intel® HD Graphics 3000 Graphics card. Can anyone help?

thanks,
    Sean
    Sean S.

Pennsylvania

HD Suite 6 & 8

No one likes to be told this sort of thing and so in advance, I am sorry.

Version 8 titles do not run well in Windows 7, I installed XP on a dual-boot system on a separate hard drive to run my older titles (Version 6-9) where they run more stably, in Windows 7 where I could get the older titles installed had similar problems to what you describe and that is why I did what I did because running older titles is part of my business model.

You might try the Windows XP virtual machine that is a free download from Microsoft but I have had not much luck myself with emulators, the real thing always works but it might be worth your time to check.

DJP