Modify default fencing types

OK, I admit in advance that what I'm trying to do is probably easy and that I'm simply mission the obvious.... but here goes...

I need to place some fencing around a garden..... when I do so, I get the typical white picket fence....which is pretty, but not what I actually have in place....

I would like to modify the fencing to a 7' wire fence (material they call "Goat Fence", 2x2 wire fence, 4x4 wire fence, etc.).

The fencing is held in place by regularly placed wire fence posts (basically a triangular profile that does not provide much in the way of lateral stability.... rather it just holds the fencing up in the air..... stability is provided by larger and stronger galvanized end-posts.....

so with all that said, is there an easy setting to change height and material to what I need?

Thanks in advance.....

Rick

I don’t know what program you have but my Home Designer Pro has the ability to set fencing defaults where you can set the style and the heights and thickness etc(Edit>Default Settings> Walls>Fencing).

I think in some of the lesser products you have to modify each section of fencing individually in the Fencing Specification Dialog (Click on the Fence and then click Open Object).
    Lamina
    Pro 2014
    Pro 2012
    Architectural 9

Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Lamina View Post
    I don’t know what program you have but my Home Designer Pro has the ability to set fencing defaults where you can set the style and the heights and thickness etc(Edit>Default Settings> Walls>Fencing).

I think in some of the lesser products you have to modify each section of fencing individually in the Fencing Specification Dialog (Click on the Fence and then click Open Object).
    Hi Lamina,

I'm using HD2012 Pro.

Perhaps the problem is that I do not see the appropriate materials in the fencing properties?

I see what you mean. They're kinda limited on their fence materials. I don't see anything like the type of fence you are describing. One of the good things about Pro is that you can import items from outside sources. short of drawing it wire by wire yourself that is. I usually go to google's (now Trimble) 3D warehouse for my symbols. http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/
    Lamina
    Pro 2014
    Pro 2012
    Architectural 9

Hi Lamina,

Thank you very much for your help.... I'll give that site a try.....