Showing railing post locations in floor plan view for Home Designer 8.0 & 9.0

Showing railing post locations in floor plan view for Home Designer 8.0 & 9.0

Let me first say I’m a long time user of HD, started off using 5.0 and worked my way up thru the years.

One thing I was never able to do or its not available is the ability to show and move railing post in floor plan view.
    To show railings post I have created 4” cad blocks and placed them at the locations I feel they should be. Is there a way to display in normal plan view or reference view?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ellen & Frank deck porch ren view.jpg 
Views:	200 
Size:	39.9 KB 
ID:	12548   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cad block railing post.jpg 
Views:	541 
Size:	87.0 KB 
ID:	12547  
    David J Festa Carpentry LLC

Home Designer Pro 8.0 & 9.0

One thing I was never able to do or its not available is the ability to show and move railing post in floor plan view.
    To show railings post I have created 4” cad blocks and placed them at the locations I feel they should be. Is there a way to display in normal plan view or reference view?
    In Chief Premier that is a wall dialog-newels & baluster setting, Home Designer titles (all versions and titles to date) it is not, so you have already figured out your own solution without upgrading.

DJP