Adding Detached garage to plan

We have a 140-yr-old farmhouse that we have been renovating for over 10 years. I had used Designer Suite to plan all renovations, and last year I upgraded to Architechtural, brought the DS plan in, and have successfully drawn modifications to the plan.

We plan to add a 24'X36' detached garage, with a cape cod roof, and an office in the attic. When I follow the directions in FAQ #772 to add the attic room, I get an error when I try to add the second floor to the garage, that the second floor already exists. The House plan has a second floor, and walk-up attic.
    Is there a way that I can add the second floor to the garage without having to redraw the 2nd and 3rd floor of the house?

If not, I have drawn the garage as a stand alone plan. Is there any way for me to copy the completed garage plan into its site position in the same plan drawing as the house plan? We would like a plan of the entire home site for adding gardens and deck.
    Thank you for your help.

Instructions for how to turn on your Reference Display (so when you move up to the Floor 2 which already exists in your plan you can draw in the walls for the Garage) can be located in this online Help Database article.

Article Number 303: How do I superimpose one floor on top of another floor?
    Kat >^..^<
    -
    Home Designer Architectural 10
    AHD 8
    Deluxe 7