"build new floor" grayed out

I have deleted a roof, but I "build new floor" is grayed out. I cannot delete the attic floor, which may be related.

Can anyone think of how I can build a new floor?

Will your software let you build that many floors?
    Allen Colburn Jr.

Chief Architect XII
    Home Designer Pro 8
    Home Designer Suite 8

Drafting for:
    http://www.artformhomeplans.com/

It helps (a lot!) to give plenty of information regarding a problem. In this case we only know that you deleted a roof, and now you can't build a new floor. We don't know which program you are using, nor which version number. We don't know how many floors are already in your plan. We don't know how you deleted the roof. Did you delete the roof planes, or did you do something else? Attic floors are part of the floor below. What did you do to try to delete the attic floor"

You have left us to guess that maybe you are trying to build more floors than your version supports, but we can't really be sure there isn't another problem. That is why you got the answers that you did, in case you are wondering.
    Call me Root
    HDP 7

appears to be limitation of software

looks like HD Suite 7.09 is limited to 3 stories.

Our consumer products are limited to a foundation 3 stories above the foundation and an attic floor.

If you need more floors consider using Chief Architect Base which has a 10 floor limit or Chief Architect Full which has a 30 floor limit.
    Dan Park
    Customer Support Manager
    Chief Architect, Inc