Hybrid View

Creating a column object

I saw a columnade I wanted to create an object for my library with So I took a digital of it. I've attempted to follow the instructions to create a new column file to add to my library in HD7.09suite, but it didn't work. So, I was thinking I am missing some detail, as from my users guide I believe the program has the capabilities, if I find the missing link. Any suggestions?

It might be a misprint...Can you post the picture..
    Allen Colburn Jr.

Chief Architect XII
    Home Designer Pro 8
    Home Designer Suite 8

Drafting for:
    http://www.artformhomeplans.com/

There are only a few things you can make using a digital photo. You can create a material, an image, a plant, or a backdrop.

Since you have a picture of a column, I would think you would want to create an image. I would recommend that you first put the file in your folder called My Images on your file system using Windows Explorer. You then need to create a new image object that will show up in the library brower. You can do this by clicking with your right button in the browser on the folder called My Images and using the New Image tool from the menu. Once you have an image in the library, you can place it into a plan.

To follow up on what Kilgore said.... If by object you mean symbol, you cannot create one. No Home Designer product can.
    Last edited by RootFarm; 12-09-2006 at 05:28 PM.
    Call me Root
    HDP 7

Quote Originally Posted by RootFarm
    To follow up on what Kilgore said.... If by object you mean symbol, you cannot create one. No Home Designer product can.
    I wanted to be able to use it experimenting with an interior elevation of a remodel we're thinking of for our church The columns are very ornate, and I hadn't seen any in the books I've looked through of stock columns. They can probably build whatever we want, but I wanted to show the board what I was proposing. Anyway, sounds like it's not possible.

If all you need to do is show it on an elevation, then an image should work out fine.

A 3D symbol would more versatile and would look better in some cases but as Root pointed out, you can't create your own symbols in any thing except Chief Architect.