Thread: 3D views choppy

Threaded View

3D views choppy

I installed HD Pro 2012 trial on a Toshiba laptop with AMD E-300 CPU at 1.3Ghz, 3GB RAM, and integrated video. After creating a sample drawing I generated a 3D ortho Full Overview and was able to rotate the drawing in any direction smoothly and quickly.

I then purchased a new laptop with Core i7 cpu at 2.2 Ghz, 8GB RAM, and Nvidia video card with 2GB video RAM. After installing the trial version on that machine and recreating the same drawing and 3D view, the rotating was extremely choppy. If I move the mouse, it took a couple seconds for the video to catch up.

SO I returned the Core i7 PC and purchased a PC with Core i5 CPU at 2.5Ghz, 6GB RAM, and integrated video. I installed the trial version a third time and experienced the same results.

Is there a compatibility problem between the HD Pro 2012 software and Intel CPUs, or is there something else wrong here?

The Toshiba that worked OK is also relatively new, but does not belong to me. I just assumed that a faster CPU would work better anyway.

I intended to purchase the software after successfully proving that it will do what I needed it to do (I need to be able to remodel an attic space), but if the video problem cannot be corrected it would be a moot point and the purchase will not be worthwhile.