Thread: help anyone,

help anyone,

i have purchased archietect 2012 and have soooo many problems with the renders, plus keep getting told to update driver on my video card, have done this and now still having the same problems, please help me its driving me mad

Video trouble reply

Quote Originally Posted by suffolklady View Post
    help anyone, i have purchased archietect 2012 and have soooo many problems with the renders, plus keep getting told to update driver on my video card, have done this and now still having the same problems, please help me its driving me mad
    Cindy, more info is needed here.
    1. What brand/model is your PC?
    2. Does it have a stand alone video card or does it use the video built into the motherboard?
    3. How much RAM do you have?

I had the same trouble with the trial version of HD Pro on a Core i7 laptop with 8GB RAM and a separate Nvidia video card with 2GB RAM. But on my Daughter's laptop Core i3 with 3GB RAM and motherboard video) the trial version rendered fine and worked fast.

I installed the purchased version of HD Pro on a Core i5 with motherboard video and 6GB RAM and it runs just fine. So the stories I am being told about the software requires a stand alone video card with at least 256MB RAM in my opinion are just stories and are not accurate.

Video card IS important with a 3D intensive software program like this, and there have been many, many prior threads with folks unhappy with the performance of integrated Intel chipsets which share system memory.

The MINIMUM system requirements call for a real video card with at least 256MB of dedicated video memory.

If you have a card that meets this, then you may just need to update the driver, and instructions on this process can be located in the company's online Help Database.

Article Number 897: How to resolve most 3D camera view display problems

Something else to keep in mind is that if you have a Mac, you need to use Boot Camp to partition the hard drive and install Windows. Running in a virtual machine, like Parallels or VMWare Fusion is no good.
    Kat >^..^<
    -
    Home Designer Architectural 10
    AHD 8
    Deluxe 7