Extend a roof so that there is an overhang over the garage door

How do I create an overhang over the garage door as a continuation of an adjacent porch? In other words, I want to extend or continue the overhang of the porch roofline to the end of the house so that it visually divides the upper story from the second....aesthetic as well as protection over the garage door.

See the picture for reference.

Can't drag the roofline over. Tried using the "Gable over the window/door" tool. No luck. Do I bumpout the garage wall a bit to recieve the roof? But then it messes up the second story walls etc.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	front of house.jpg 
Views:	636 
Size:	42.7 KB 
ID:	12696  
    Suite 2012

What version of home Designer are you using? Home Designer pro can draw manual roof planes where ever you need to but the lesser products only build roof planes over rooms. you can use invisible walls to create a room if you need to so that you don't have to mess with the existing walls.
    Lamina
    Pro 2014
    Pro 2012
    Architectural 9

Hi Lamina,
    Thank you VERY much for replying.
    I have Home Designer Suite 2012, so apparantly it is not as sophisticated or intuitive as the Pro series.

The invisible wall idea is excellent. I'll give that a try.
    Suite 2012

extending roof

The invisible wall works! With some tweeking of the wall height I can get it to match the porch roof, although I am still having trouble figuring out how to make the overhangs the same...right now there is a jog in the fascia....

This is good. Now to decide on the proper aesthetic....gable, shed...over the garage door.

Do I end it at the edge of the garage or wrap it around to balance the other end of the roof on the porch side?

Your ideas?!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	roof across front.jpg 
Views:	403 
Size:	28.7 KB 
ID:	12697   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gable over garage.jpg 
Views:	455 
Size:	29.8 KB 
ID:	12698  
    Suite 2012

I like the gable roof better.
    Home Designer Pro 2012

User since 7/12