Creative Ceilings

Hi all,

Does anyone know if possible, how to create this type of ceiling, please see attached pic?

Many thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cols.jpg 
Views:	267 
Size:	21.6 KB 
ID:	12672  

Sure, there's a lot of different ways you could do this. Rooms, Soffits, geometric shapes, (Custom Countertops or Slabs would be easiest, but not all versions have these tools), or a combination of all.

You can use the same process where we created an octagon and decagon shapes for the ceiling using Soffits in a thread yesterday to connect several smaller soffits together. This can create a curved surface (such as shown in the attached example where there are multiple small soffits creating the appearance of a curved surface).

Here's the link to the earlier thread in case you didn't see it - http://hometalk.homedesignersoftware...iling-Question
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	siank.jpg 
Views:	262 
Size:	161.2 KB 
ID:	12673  
    Kat >^..^<
    -
    Home Designer Architectural 10
    AHD 8
    Deluxe 7

OMG, I REALLY need to learn this package! That's fantastic thank you so much, I'll have a play around and see how I get on.

thank you again

Hi everyone,

OK, I need some help please - where do I locate "soffits" in Architectural 8, I've done a search and nothing has come up?

Katalyst777 - if you wouldn't mind, please can you walk me through the steps you took to create the ceiling in your snapshot as that is pretty much what I'd like to do?

Many thanks

Soffits are a cabinet tool, not something you'll find in the Library Browser.

In my example, I started off with a curved wall segment and then just Copied/Pasted the soffits around it (so they would orient correctly without a lot of adjustment).

Since you let us know that you have Architectural though, using Custom Countertops or Slabs will probably be a lot easier way for you to go. Maybe look over your software's documentation on editing polyline based objects like these. You can create almost any shape you want.

Article Number 983: How to create a custom shaped countertop
    Kat >^..^<
    -
    AHD 8
    Deluxe 7

Hiya Katalyst777,

Thanks for the link, I still don't understand how do I make it appear hollow in the ceiling like you have?

Thanks

You can create almost any shape using Slabs or Custom Countertops(so you can create the gaps and holes you want by just reshaping the countertop). You'll probably to increase the countertops' thickness, and you'll have to raise the Height so that they are up on the ceiling rather than at normal cabinet height.
    Kat >^..^<
    -
    AHD 8
    Deluxe 7