Hybrid View

1,500 Samples in Suite 2012?

I purchased Suite 2012 to model my current house, a split level. I am struggling to do all required to make the split level (foundation, split entry, stairs) as the directions to do so are not clear to me. I read on another post that sample plan #1203 is a split level, and with that, I could get a good start. It seems that I do not have the "1,500 samples" that are indicated in the ads for Suite 2012 (unless "samples" are of all objects, and not plans).
    How do I get this sample plan? Do I need to spend another $100 to upgrade? Not sure I need all the whistles and bells associated with an upgrade. Can you help?

Kat >^..^<
    -
    Home Designer Architectural 10
    AHD 8
    Deluxe 7

I am having the same issue

So, I have 2014 and have tried a number of tutorials. More frustrating is that the only thing close to my floor-plan is completely non-editable and does nothing but frustrate me more. Has anyone else with a split-foyer entry been able to create a plan? Even worse, while mine has the typical 2-car garage on floor 0/basement, it only has 48" stem walls but a full floor height of 92" in the living space. Even worse, the garage is 6" lower than the that floor. So, unless I am mistaken, that makes it a split-level, split-foyer with half-height stem walls with the rest being almost a knee-wall, but a daylight basement. Even MORE complicated, the exterior of floor 0 is a mix of concrete, siding, and brick. Is there really no editable plan close to this? Is there a place in the forums where people share the plans they have created so that maybe we can share and just edit instead of having to start from scratch? I'm a smart guy and have even worked with AutoCad and I am continually frustrated with creating just the basic foundation and exterior of my home, much less the details of the interior...

Quote Originally Posted by mszczep1 View Post
    I purchased Suite 2012 to model my current house, a split level. I am struggling to do all required to make the split level (foundation, split entry, stairs) as the directions to do so are not clear to me. I read on another post that sample plan #1203 is a split level, and with that, I could get a good start. It seems that I do not have the "1,500 samples" that are indicated in the ads for Suite 2012 (unless "samples" are of all objects, and not plans).
    How do I get this sample plan? Do I need to spend another $100 to upgrade? Not sure I need all the whistles and bells associated with an upgrade. Can you help?

Quote Originally Posted by Xantheon View Post
    Has anyone else with a split-foyer entry been able to create a plan
    Yes, but not sure based on your description where you are running in to trouble. If you could start a new thread with some screenshots, maybe a photograph similar to what you're trying to model, and a clearer description of what's going on, we should be able to help.
    Kat >^..^<
    -
    Home Designer Architectural 10
    AHD 8
    Deluxe 7