Hybrid View

Print to ARCH D - 24"x36" with Pro?

Hi I ve created my plans, I would like to print them in a typical 48 x 72" size, Can I save the plans in a certain format and bring them to a kinkos? Any advice will help....thanks Jon

We get a lot of requests for 24 x 36 (Arch D) but we only include this in the list of paper sizes in Chief Architect Full version. While it is possible to do even larger sizes than Arch D in Chief, it is not often requested.

You might export to DXF and use another program to do this or try the PDF and reprint from a PDF porgram to the larger size. What scale are you using?
    Dan Park
    Customer Support Manager
    Chief Architect, Inc

I try to print the layout into 24"X36" full size paper for construction and application of permit. So the print scale will be 1/4" = 1'. I selected the drawing sheet size as ARCH D (24"X36"), please see the attached screen copy.

However, when I printed into a pdf file, the drawing was split into 9 separate pages. The separation is just as shown on the right side of the page setup dialogbox (see attached screen copy). Is any one know how to correct this problem? Thanks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Temp1.jpg 
Views:	785 
Size:	37.5 KB 
ID:	7782  
    Ewa
    Home Designer Pro 8.0
    MS Windows Vista Home Premium
    HP Pavilion Desktop m9402f
    AMD Phenom 9650 Quad-Core Processor 2.3GHz
    7GB RAM, 64bit Operating System

I don't think that any of the Home Designer products will print out to that size, based on the product comparison matrix on their website, and this online Help Database article.

http://homedesignersoftware.com/supp...?faqNumber=112

You'd need to upgrade to the full version of Chief Architect which doesn't have the print size limits to print to Arch D, as per Dan's recommendation above.
    Kat >^..^<
    -
    Home Designer Architectural 10
    AHD 8
    Deluxe 7

Thank you very much for the information. That is enough for me to know the limitation of the software.
    Ewa
    Home Designer Pro 8.0
    MS Windows Vista Home Premium
    HP Pavilion Desktop m9402f
    AMD Phenom 9650 Quad-Core Processor 2.3GHz
    7GB RAM, 64bit Operating System

Question Pdf Arch size D or NO?

I have a plan that wont fit on a size arch C unless I scale down to 1/8" and no one wants that....Cant I save print to pdf in size arch D and take it to a print shop to be printed?

Please help... I really need this to go on size D...

Jason
    Pro 8...

Print size limit applies if you print to pdf, or print to an actual printer/plotter. Looks like it is time for you to upgrade to Chief Architect, which won't have the limitation.

There is a rebate for moving up from Pro to Chief listed on the website: http://www.homedesignersoftware.com/rebates/

BTW - All of the Home Designer print size limitations can be found on their website in the online product comparison matrix, or in the Help Database at: http://www.homedesignersoftware.com/...?faqNumber=112

Print Size Limitations:

Home Designer version 9.0 programs:

• Home Designer 9.0 - 8.5"x14"
    • Interior Designer 9.0 - 12"x18"
    • Landscape & Deck Designer 9.0 - 12"x18"
    • Home Designer Suite 9.0 - 12" x 18"
    • Architectural Home Designer 9.0 - 12" x 18"
    • Home Designer Pro 9.0 - 18" x 24" (ARCH C)
    Kat >^..^<
    -
    Home Designer Architectural 10
    AHD 8
    Deluxe 7

If you are doing arch D plans you should be using Chief