Thread: Titling Block

Titling Block

Hi All,

Can someone please tell me how I add a titling block (running down the right hand side of the page with key, etc in) to my page?
    Thanks, karen
    Home Designer 9

Take a look at this video:

http://video.homedesigner.chiefarchi...th=1&autoplay=

If you do not have Home Designer Pro then you would add your title block to your plan view (per floor) and then print as shown in the video. Your title block will be created from 2-D CAD objects (lines and closed poly-lines) as well as text.

DJP

David Jefferson Potter

Chief Architect® Teacher, Tutor, Draftsman, Author of "Basic Manual Roof Editing" and Problem Solver
    Chief Premier 7-16, Home Designer 7-2014 All Titles
    Win7 Ultimate x64 & XP Pro x32 500 gb Samsung SSD
    AMD Phenom II X6 1090T, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, PNY 760 GTX

3101 Shoreline Drive #2118, Austin, Texas 78728-6929
    Office Phone:512-518-3161
    Main E mail: david@djpdesigns.net
    Web Site:http://djpdesigns.net
    My You Tube Channel Follow me on Facebook

Hi David,
    Have tried this but haven't a clue! Then ontop of that I haven't got a clue how to add symbols to the title block.
    I have attached a pic (I need to run the title block down the right hand side).
    This is getting really desperate now as these plans are for my degree assignments and the deadline is only 9 days.
    karenAttachment 12810
    Home Designer 9

Karen,

Here is a Video Tutorial I just made in Home Designer 9 showing you how to create a title block and print to scale on the largest size paper HD 9 can handle:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rc3Vo6B9nkQ

DJP

PS: I am sure at this late hour that you may not welcome this advice, but for such an important matter as a "Degree Assignment" you should have a Student License Copy of Chief Architect Premier X5 (I believe such a thing is under $200.00 for the Student Version which is fully functional, just not for commercial use). Someone of your caliber should have Professional caliber tools to work with. The video I made should help but Home Designer 9's abilities are limited, Chief Premier X5's are not.
    Last edited by David J. Potter; 10-21-2012 at 05:42 PM.

David Jefferson Potter

Chief Architect® Teacher, Tutor, Draftsman, Author of "Basic Manual Roof Editing" and Problem Solver

Hi David,
    Thanks for taking the time to help me. I stayed up rather late last night and played around with creating a title block from walls-the only way I could find to get rid of the arrows! I have put so much work into this during what has been a personally very difficult time so I want to succeed.

Was it Chief Architect Academic you were referring to?
    Having watched the video for Chief architect academic I was wondering if it is possible to save the plans already created and insert them into Chief Architect Academic as a pdf and then print to scale at A3?
    These assignments have to be to a professional standard as if presenting to a client.
    I have never been so desperate to sort anything in my life but funds are so limited-(I'm losing my job through long term ill health) and I don't think I would have the time to draw the plans again.-so much of my time is taken up with hospital visits for tests and treatment.
    Really appreciate all your advice and help.
    Karen
    Home Designer 9

All ".plan" files made in any recent version of Home Designer software will open and work in Chief Architect Premier. Your main problem will be learning how to use Premier's extra tools in a short period of time, not the file migration.

All Home Designer titles are merely down-grades of Chief Premier (scaled-down instances); same "family".

Try to maintain the focus upon your Life and Health, if you loose your Life due to stresses and worries, what does a degree then matter if you are no longer living to use it. Get well as your main target. If you can do both without overstretching yourself, then fine but do look at that and the advice of your health professionals.

DJP

David Jefferson Potter

Hi David,

We think we have managed to sort the printing for now-a little creativity in "word" but still maintaining the scale-I'll know tomorrow hopefully if it has worked, so fingers crossed. Going to have to look at upgrading sooner rather than later though.
    Having spent this afternoon at the hospital I have to agree with you- to add to my other problems my blood pressure is now through the roof but on the upside they have found a problem with my lungs (thanks to CT scans) all they have to do now is find the cause then treatment might cure that problem.
    The rate we're going by the time they have sorted my problems I'll have finished this degree (hopefully).
    Thanks again,
    Karen.
    Home Designer 9