2nd building 2nd floor?

I've been working with Home Designer suite for a few days now and have created the first & second floor layouts for the main house.

However, I have a seperate two storey building (included in the plot but not attached to the main house) that I've started to layout now, but I can't form the second floor because the program is trying to create a 3rd floor on the main house!

I'm an absolute newbie at this and, of course, what I should have done is complete all building layouts/floors simultaneously, but if anyone can suggest a workaround and/or solution it would be most appreciated?

Many Thanks.

Turn on your Reference Display so that you can draw in the walls you need on floor 2 for the other building.
    Kat >^..^<
    -
    Home Designer Architectural 10
    AHD 8
    Deluxe 7

The "Second Floor" is the second floor for the entire plan file, no matter how many buildings you may place within the plan file.

If your "out-buildings" have differing floor levels you will have to control that yourself, the best way is to set the floor level of the main building to the default "zero inches" in height, then the secondary buildings (out-buildings) can then be set relative to the main building (either higher or lower depending upon the actuality of this on your land).

The software is smartly put together but has no smarts of its own, it is just a tool with no more intelligence inherent in it than a hammer or nail, it depends upon your understanding, settings and guidance to obtain an acceptable outcome or product.

DJP

David Jefferson Potter

Chief Architect® Teacher, Tutor, Draftsman, Author of "Basic Manual Roof Editing" and Problem Solver
    Chief Premier 7-16, Home Designer 7-2014 All Titles
    Win7 Ultimate x64 & XP Pro x32 500 gb Samsung SSD
    AMD Phenom II X6 1090T, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, PNY 760 GTX

3101 Shoreline Drive #2118, Austin, Texas 78728-6929
    Office Phone:512-518-3161
    Main E mail: david@djpdesigns.net
    Web Site:http://djpdesigns.net
    My You Tube Channel Follow me on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Katalyst777 View Post
    Turn on your Reference Display so that you can draw in the walls you need on floor 2 for the other building.
    Wow, it's quite easy when you know how, thanks for such a quick and straight forward reply.

Cheers

Glad to help!
    Kat >^..^<
    -
    Home Designer Architectural 10
    AHD 8
    Deluxe 7