Help - ceiling thickness

Hi there.
    I'm using Home Designer Suite 2014
    I'm afraid I'm new at this, so am stuck on some probably quite obvious things.

I have some floor and ceiling heights for a two storey building - measured from the real thing.

Ground floor at 0
    Ceiling at 2080 mm
    Floor above 2240 mm
    Ceiling of upper storey 4610mm

I am trying to enter these into room specifications, but absolutely cannot.

The settings seem to keep changing themselves so that this combination is impossible.
    When I change Ceiling (B) to 2080, Floor Above (A) changes to 2398

I think it might be because the Ceiling structure and floor structure settings cannot be changed, and these may reflect the thickness of the gap between ceiling and floor above.

If so, how do I change these?

Thanks for any help you can give.

Paul

hmm I don't think you can change the floor/ceiling structure in Home Designer Suite. you may be able to adjust the floor and ceiling finish thickness to make the overall thickness you want but the framing will remain the same.

Default Settings> Floor
    Structure tab
    Lamina
    Pro 2014
    Pro 2012
    Architectural 9

The settings seem to keep changing themselves so that this combination is impossible.
    What you are seeing is the software following its "Default Settings" (Edit - Default Settings - Floor).

Make those settings in "Edit - Default Settings - Floor" first and then in local roof dialog boxes as you create them, they will be preset to what you have programmed "Default Settings" to be.

I think it might be because the Ceiling structure and floor structure settings cannot be changed, and these may reflect the thickness of the gap between ceiling and floor above.
    Lamina is correct in that in Suite floor platform thickness for the second and third floors are preset but the foundation can be programmed by you and you can, when Defaults are correctly set first, control ceiling heights.

It is part of learning how the software works and does not work.

DJP

David Jefferson Potter

Chief Architect® Teacher, Tutor, Draftsman, Author of "Basic Manual Roof Editing" and Problem Solver
    Chief Premier 7-16, Home Designer 7-2014 All Titles
    Win7 Ultimate x64 & XP Pro x32 500 gb Samsung SSD
    AMD Phenom II X6 1090T, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, PNY 760 GTX

3101 Shoreline Drive #2118, Austin, Texas 78728-6929
    Office Phone:512-518-3161
    Main E mail: david@djpdesigns.net
    Web Site:http://djpdesigns.net
    My You Tube Channel Follow me on Facebook