Complex Shed Roof - Chapter 2

Hi all,

My as-built roof can be replicated (almost) but walls remain a challenge. This is a follow up on my previous `Complex Shed Roof...`post. Evaluating Home Designer Suite 2014.

The extra attic that was being automatically generated has been fixed (I set upper vaulted rooms to no ceiling, Finished Ceiling to 95 1/2: oddly, that worked.)

The trick suggested in article 492 to use surrogate walls to `force`the shed roofs into the needed configuration works, but I can find no way to move or remove the walls to get back to the as-built plan once the roof is created.

Any help, or another strategy to create the shed roofs, would be greatly appreciated. Plans and current roof attached.

Thanks, Jack
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5927-roofOK wallsNot planFlr2.jpg 
Views:	229 
Size:	117.9 KB 
ID:	12915   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5927-roofOK wallsNot planFlr1.jpg 
Views:	229 
Size:	146.6 KB 
ID:	12914   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5927 RoofOK WallsNot 3D.jpg 
Views:	249 
Size:	170.2 KB 
ID:	12913  

once you have the roof perfect then remove the checkmark for auto rebuild roof. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	auto rebuild roof.jpg 
Views:	273 
Size:	42.6 KB 
ID:	12929
    Lamina
    Pro 2014
    Pro 2012
    Architectural 9

Quote Originally Posted by Lamina View Post
    once you have the roof perfect then remove the checkmark for auto rebuild roof. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	auto rebuild roof.jpg 
Views:	273 
Size:	42.6 KB 
ID:	12929
    Ah, there is the rub...I can't get the roof 'perfect'. I have long since turned off auto rebuild roof, and very systematically delete roof...build walls, rebuild roof... tweek walls, all to no avail.