Sunken Room - Main Foundation Wall Stepping Down

Hi All,

I am using Home Designer Architectural 2014. I am trying to duplicate the construction of my home for purposes of redesigning. There is one sunken room (8.5" step down) with a very shallow basement area underneath it (not dirt - has cement floor). The top of the exterior foundation wall for this area is also lower than the main foundation top by approximately the same 8.5 inches. The rest of the house has a full basement. In real life, the shared/adjacent foundation wall for the "crawl" area is the same height as the main basement, with just a two foot wide notch for access to the crawl.

I have been able to recreate the step down room and the crawl, for the most part. However, I cannot format the shared foundation wall to the same height as the main foundation walls of the house. The height of that shared wall always follows the height/top of the crawl space exterior foundation wall for the entire length of the room where it borders the main level. This amounts to half the house from front to back. I am not sure how this will affect the design of my finished basement or the room above yet. I'd love to get it correct now before I invest significant time designing, and then perhaps find out I need it to be right later. Especially if this is an easy fix.

Background: I have tried adding the crawl foundation several ways. I have done it automatically using the dimensions of the floor above and then adjusted it using the specs of the room above (and/or of the space itself). I have also created the section manually creating one foundation wall at a time. Then I tried removing that room from the house and recreating it as an addition to the house. I can always get the sunken room itself to be true to life (proper drop and proper ceiling height), but getting that shared foundation wall to be the correct height has been elusive. If anyone knows how this can be accomplished or if it can't be done please let me know. Thank you all in advance for your help.

--Jeff

can you post a picture?
    Lamina
    Pro 2014
    Pro 2012
    Architectural 9