Sending pictures

Using the database article # 299, it is quick and easy to create the JPEGs of 3-D views to send to others who do not have the CA software. However, how do you get a JPEG (not an ugly JPG) of the floor plan view with it's dimensions (i.e. - the skycam view)?? The article alludes to this in paragraph 9, but I cannot figure it out. Screen shots work well, but if there is another method using the SW, I would like to take advantage of that capability. Thanks, Bill B.
    Pro 2014

What I would do (what I do actually) is to download and install "Cute PDF" (a free application that I have been using for years), install it on your PC, set it as your default printer (it is not a physical printer but is just a software application but "prints" [creates] Adobe Reader PDF documents).
    Use that to print things you want to share with others (most everyone has the Free Adobe Reader software and it is free and easy to download and use). When you print to PDF the images, especially plan views do not pix-elate as badly and images so printed are better as well.

Here is a Help Database Article covering the procedure: http://www.homedesignersoftware.com/...?faqNumber=484

DJP
    Last edited by David J. Potter; 11-25-2012 at 09:54 PM.

David Jefferson Potter

Chief Architect® Teacher, Tutor, Draftsman, Author of "Basic Manual Roof Editing" and Problem Solver
    Chief Premier 7-16, Home Designer 7-2014 All Titles
    Win7 Ultimate x64 & XP Pro x32 500 gb Samsung SSD
    AMD Phenom II X6 1090T, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, PNY 760 GTX

3101 Shoreline Drive #2118, Austin, Texas 78728-6929
    Office Phone:512-518-3161
    Main E mail: david@djpdesigns.net
    Web Site:http://djpdesigns.net
    My You Tube Channel Follow me on Facebook

David, thank you. I will give that a try. Bill B.
    Pro 2014

I'm having trouble with the pdf conversion. I downloaded and installed pdf995 which is the printer used in HD demo. I go through all the steps for printing with pdf9995 as shown in HD but at the end it does not have a "save as" feature and when I click ok, nothing happens.
    This process has also frozen my print feature even if I check "clear all printer information"
    I use the most recent version of Home Designer Pro
    I appreciate all the help you can give
    Alanglois

I do not use PDF 995, I like Cute PDF better. I thereby cannot help with issues regarding 995 other than to say that if it is not functioning properly you can uninstall-reinstall it and try again or use what I use.

DJP

David Jefferson Potter

Chief Architect® Teacher, Tutor, Draftsman, Author of "Basic Manual Roof Editing" and Problem Solver
    Chief Premier 7-16, Home Designer 7-2014 All Titles
    Win7 Ultimate x64 & XP Pro x32 500 gb Samsung SSD
    AMD Phenom II X6 1090T, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, PNY 760 GTX

3101 Shoreline Drive #2118, Austin, Texas 78728-6929
    Office Phone:512-518-3161
    Main E mail: david@djpdesigns.net
    Web Site:http://djpdesigns.net
    My You Tube Channel Follow me on Facebook