Which version and learning curve?

Going to build a new home.... 4500 sq ft or so.... 2 story.... plus walkout basement.....
    After pouring thru a million houseplans on line... nothing suits! So I'm here....

Is the pro version the only version that I could take my end results and build from? Not sure I really want to spend $500 on software I don't know if I'll like! (I'm a photographer by trade and have WAY too many programs sitting about unused!)
    Would I be able to take my results from Arch or Suite version to an architect and they do the final steps? Or would they just start over anyways?

What is the learning curve on this software? I'm pretty good in photoshop....but I can also be a bit impatient if something is too overwhelming.... and I don;t watch videos well! LOL!!!!!
    I've looked at the compare charts.... and really think I'm torn between Arch or Suite..... can someone push me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance for your replies.....

Is the pro version the only version that I could take my end results and build from? Not sure I really want to spend $500 on software I don't know if I'll like! (I'm a photographer by trade and have WAY too many programs sitting about unused!)
    Yes, provided you have the dedication and enthusiasm to mount the learning curve, many have.

Would I be able to take my results from Arch or Suite version to an architect and they do the final steps? Or would they just start over anyways?
    The entire point of contemplating what you are doing is to design the space (home) you and your wife want, any Architect or Designer who would then throw that out is not one I would want to have anything to do with, such would be a total invalidation of your intelligence.

What is the learning curve on this software? I'm pretty good in photoshop....but I can also be a bit impatient if something is too overwhelming.... and I don;t watch videos well! LOL!!!!!
    I've looked at the compare charts.... and really think I'm torn between Arch or Suite..... can someone push me in the right direction?
    Suite and Architectural are fine to communicate your desires to an Engineer, Designer or Architect, provided the roof design is not too complicated, for full freedom (and the personal responsibility that comes with it) one would need Home Designer Pro.

No one can predict what you can and cannot learn, only you can do this by saying you can and then doing what is necessary to make it so.

DJP

David Jefferson Potter

Chief Architect® Teacher, Tutor, Draftsman, Author of "Basic Manual Roof Editing" and Problem Solver
    Chief Premier 7-16, Home Designer 7-2014 All Titles
    Win7 Ultimate x64 & XP Pro x32 500 gb Samsung SSD
    AMD Phenom II X6 1090T, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, PNY 760 GTX

3101 Shoreline Drive #2118, Austin, Texas 78728-6929
    Office Phone:512-518-3161
    Main E mail: david@djpdesigns.net
    Web Site:http://djpdesigns.net
    My You Tube Channel Follow me on Facebook

Well....I usually don't have the patience to watch training videos.... but while I waited for a response.... I watched a few! Looks easy! and FUN! I can see me not getting any work done! And now I think I would want the Pro version..... I told Hubby I knew what I want for Christmas tho..... he is filled with joy! LOL!
    Wonder if that thanksgiving code would still be valid???? That might significantly up my chances of an early Christmas present!

Wonder if that thanksgiving code would still be valid????
    Call them and see!

DJP

David Jefferson Potter

Chief Architect® Teacher, Tutor, Draftsman, Author of "Basic Manual Roof Editing" and Problem Solver
    Chief Premier 7-16, Home Designer 7-2014 All Titles
    Win7 Ultimate x64 & XP Pro x32 500 gb Samsung SSD
    AMD Phenom II X6 1090T, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, PNY 760 GTX

3101 Shoreline Drive #2118, Austin, Texas 78728-6929
    Office Phone:512-518-3161
    Main E mail: david@djpdesigns.net
    Web Site:http://djpdesigns.net
    My You Tube Channel Follow me on Facebook