Can't delete unwanted door and window elements

Doors and windows in my design have come in with fancy moldings and lintels that I don't want, but I can't figure out how to delete them. Changing the door type has no effect. I'm new to using the program, as is probably obvious. In the Materials tab the moldings are listed with names ending in "Windsor". How do I fix this?

Thanks,
    Scott

A tab in the Door or Window Spec dialog box allows you to turn on/off interior and exterior lintels and sills.

Whatever design template (Colonial, Country, etc.) you started with is the one you are stuck with. Each object will need to be modified individually.
    Home Designer Pro 2012

User since 7/12

Thanks Bunsen. What's that tab called? I can't find one that does that. I'm using Home Designer Interiors, if that matters. Also, is there a way to change the design template once the design is started, so that new doors and windows I bring in will have that new style?

Scott

Home Designer Pro has additional "tabs" and other tool choices that Interiors does not have, that is why it is useful to say which title and version you have when posting questions. Responders may or may not have exactly what you have and thus mention options that you do not have access to.
    There is no such tab within Interiors as in HD Pro .

DJP

David Jefferson Potter

Chief Architect® Teacher, Tutor, Draftsman, Author of "Basic Manual Roof Editing" and Problem Solver
    Chief Premier 7-16, Home Designer 7-2014 All Titles
    Win7 Ultimate x64 & XP Pro x32 500 gb Samsung SSD
    AMD Phenom II X6 1090T, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, PNY 760 GTX

3101 Shoreline Drive #2118, Austin, Texas 78728-6929
    Office Phone:512-518-3161
    Main E mail: david@djpdesigns.net
    Web Site:http://djpdesigns.net
    My You Tube Channel Follow me on Facebook

Sorry, I'm new to the program and I forgot to indicate which version I was using at the start. Does this mean I'm stuck with the design template I started with, and can't modify it, nor the objects created with it, once a floorplan is underway?

Thanks,
    Scott

Yes, that is a built in limitation of "Style Templates" which you should carefully practice with until you find the template that best suits your purposes.

DJP

David Jefferson Potter

Chief Architect® Teacher, Tutor, Draftsman, Author of "Basic Manual Roof Editing" and Problem Solver
    Chief Premier 7-16, Home Designer 7-2014 All Titles
    Win7 Ultimate x64 & XP Pro x32 500 gb Samsung SSD
    AMD Phenom II X6 1090T, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, PNY 760 GTX

3101 Shoreline Drive #2118, Austin, Texas 78728-6929
    Office Phone:512-518-3161
    Main E mail: david@djpdesigns.net
    Web Site:http://djpdesigns.net
    My You Tube Channel Follow me on Facebook

Ugh, that's bad...just did a whole floorplan. I can't change the template midway through a design, can I?

Thanks,
    Scott

Scott,

When I first got the program, I jumped right in designing a house without properly setting templates, floor height defaults, and other important preferences. When I realized my error, I tried to tweak several poor assumptions back to where they belonged. That proved to be a mess and it was easier to start over. The hours I spent learning the program for the original, incorrect design, allowed me to make a second design in a much shorter amount of time.
    Home Designer Pro 2012

User since 7/12

I think that's going to be my path as well.