I want this sunroom to have its own shed-style roof, not share the house roof...

How come the program is adding walls on the second flood and extending the main roof downward?

I want this sunroom to have its own shed roof.

Somewhere I set "extend slope downward" but it was on a wall on the other side of the house. I don't fully understand how to control that though.

http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/235/10651857.png

I just tried everything and got the roof to work.

I really like this software. My experience tells me I dodged a bullet by not buying one of the alternatives.

I would like to make the roof section with the dormers be steeper because the roof is not clearing a doorway between the two sections of the house. I tried a bunch of things, and am not able to control just the pitch of that section. Any help would be appreciated. I am using Home Suite 2014.

I created the saltbox with an exterior knee wall.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	roof.jpg 
Views:	243 
Size:	26.8 KB 
ID:	12940

I figured it out - I had to change the front pitch from the first floor wall.

It is how I want it now, but there is some strange artifact part of the roof shooting through the house now. Very confused by it. You can actually see it on the roof outline on the layout.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	art.jpg 
Views:	252 
Size:	43.0 KB 
ID:	12943