high quality 3d renderings

Hi I wanted to know the best way to produce high qaulity 3d images. I have HD 2012 and it seems to me that I remember a sales pitch when I purchased this software that it will produce very high quality renderings. I was only in need of a lot RAM. I have seen a few renderings with good shadows etc. Please help if you can,
    thanks
    Russ
    Architectural 2012

In order to address your question with certainty, I need to know what you consider to be "High Quality 3-D Renderings". Ample samples of what can be done with Architectural can be seen in the Users Gallery at the Home Talk website. such produce comes from a fine, studied understanding of the camera tools and related material and lighting settings available, study and practice along those lines will get you the results that Architectural is capable of.

DJP

David Jefferson Potter

Chief Architect® Teacher, Tutor, Draftsman, Author of "Basic Manual Roof Editing" and Problem Solver
    Chief Premier 7-16, Home Designer 7-2014 All Titles
    Win7 Ultimate x64 & XP Pro x32 500 gb Samsung SSD
    AMD Phenom II X6 1090T, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, PNY 760 GTX

3101 Shoreline Drive #2118, Austin, Texas 78728-6929
    Office Phone:512-518-3161
    Main E mail: david@djpdesigns.net
    Web Site:http://djpdesigns.net
    My You Tube Channel Follow me on Facebook

Only Chief Architect Premiere and Interior can do high quality 3D renderings (ray traced). The other versions only do low quality 3D (roughly video game quality).