Arrow Materials List question

In a current model, I selected a single bedroom on the first floor and executed the build materials list command. I left all of the materials list display options "on". There are no framing materials (i.e. no wall studs or top and bottom plates on which to hang the drywall and the ceiling). There is no insulation (as required on the 2X6 exterior walls). The drywall materials list is simply ridiculous - 4 sheets which would not begin to cover the walls not to mention the ceiling. What am I doing wrong here? Thanks, Bill B. PS - I did get the plants outside the front porch :-)
    Pro 2014

Materials list limited to just one room exclude framing and insulation by default, it should only display what you got using that limitation that you imposed. Study the Reference manual to get detailed information as to what it measures, when and how.

DJP

David Jefferson Potter

Chief Architect® Teacher, Tutor, Draftsman, Author of "Basic Manual Roof Editing" and Problem Solver
    Chief Premier 7-16, Home Designer 7-2014 All Titles
    Win7 Ultimate x64 & XP Pro x32 500 gb Samsung SSD
    AMD Phenom II X6 1090T, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, PNY 760 GTX

3101 Shoreline Drive #2118, Austin, Texas 78728-6929
    Office Phone:512-518-3161
    Main E mail: david@djpdesigns.net
    Web Site:http://djpdesigns.net
    My You Tube Channel Follow me on Facebook

David, thanks. I had gone through the reference manual and missed the comment about walls not being included in the room calculation. So, I save a separate copy deleted everything except the basement. I requested a materials calculation for all floors.
    If the framing calculations were set up exactly like the normal tools display framing settings (i.e., walls, ceiling, roof, roof trusses etc.) it would be accurate and easier to understand and trace back to the model. The same goes for the drywall. You cannot tell whether the drywall calculation includes both walls and ceilings or not. All of the drywall was expressed in terms of 4X8 X thickness sheets. When possible, most drywall techs use a 4X12 X thickness sheets for ceilings. It is less expensive in terms of price per sheet (area) and requires far less mud and sanding.
    Separating exterior and interior wall framing would also seem to make sense. At least in our area (and I suspect many others), exterior wall specs have gone to 2X6 (to accommodate extra insulation) while interior walls remain 2X4. The only insulation displayed was for the ceiling (which is not required since it is a basement with no structure above). It would nice to be able to specify wall insulation in terms of "R" rating and have that show as a separate material. The calculation did include a roof although there is none (the 1st floor was deleted.)
    The calculations for fixtures, furniture, appliances, cabinets, etc., etc. are dead on. Anyway, I was just in a learning mode so the shortcomings are not critical to any real work. Bill B.