Thread: opening dfx

opening dfx

Greetings I have Architechtural Home Designer 9. I saved a file in DFX format with Architechtural Home Designer 9 and tried to reopen it in Architechtural Home Designer 9 and it says file unsupported! Really!!!! (I also tried importing it but no luck!) If this is true, is there a way around this??? I have checked out some of the online converters and hate to pay for something my software should do. Thanks for any help!

All Home Designer software will open .plan files only. Dxf files can be "imported", not opened like .plan files, it is just the way of software generally. The purpose of .dxf files is to make two-dimensional drawings easily shared between diverse CAD software. It serves that purpose well. Each Software application has its native file formats that cannot be opened by other, different software applications.
    Save your Home Designer files in their native file format (.plan), only when you desire to share views of your design with other CAD users would you commonly use views exported as .dfx files.

DJP

David Jefferson Potter

Chief Architect® Teacher, Tutor, Draftsman, Author of "Basic Manual Roof Editing" and Problem Solver
    Chief Premier 7-16, Home Designer 7-2014 All Titles
    Win7 Ultimate x64 & XP Pro x32 500 gb Samsung SSD
    AMD Phenom II X6 1090T, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, PNY 760 GTX

3101 Shoreline Drive #2118, Austin, Texas 78728-6929
    Office Phone:512-518-3161
    Main E mail: david@djpdesigns.net
    Web Site:http://djpdesigns.net
    My You Tube Channel Follow me on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by David J. Potter View Post
    All Home Designer software will open .plan files only. Dxf files can be "imported", not opened like .plan files, it is just the way of software generally. The purpose of .dxf files is to make two-dimensional drawings easily shared between diverse CAD software. It serves that purpose well. Each Software application has its native file formats that cannot be opened by other, different software applications.
    Save your Home Designer files in their native file format (.plan), only when you desire to share views of your design with other CAD users would you commonly use views exported as .dfx files.

DJP
    Thank you David. I wondered about that and have never had this issue before, but this time I made a lot of changes to my plan and sent them to the City Planner (that is why I saved them as DFX) and then closed my plan and without thinking checked the "don't save changes box" Ahhhhhh! so I tried to retrieve them from my saved DFX file, with no luck! Thanks for your quick response!

Protons are positively charged subatomic particles found in the nuclei of atoms.