Lightbulb Newbie here: Material Content

I see that material questions have been asked before. I followed the advice with no luck.

I have searched for the default countertop material used by Home Designer and cannot find on any of the lists. Neither can I find any other similar materials. (I think because does not say what it is?????????) I have found the marble, slate etc. but none are similar so they cannot be the material that is being used. I went to the download area and did find other catalogs which had some similar material to I was looking for, which I downloaded, then imported. Only 3 of the new catalogs are available the others are not visible although the program said they were imported properly.

Am I looking for something that is not available? Why would the import function not work? Any thoughts?
    MacBook Pro
    Model Identifier: MacBookPro 8,3
    Intel Core i7
    Processor Speed: 2.2 GHz
    Number of Processors: 1
    Memory: 16 GB

Home Designer Architectural 2014
    Build 15.1.1.1x32

I would say that you are suffering from a lack of familiarity as opposed to anything else. What I wondered after reading your post is "Why do you care or why is this question important to you, in terms of its answer?".

Materials defaults, "out of the box" or otherwise are set or preset in two places for most objects:

1. Edit - Default Settings - Materials (generally)

2. Edit - Default Settings - then the specific object category (Cabinets, Walls, Furniture, etc)

2A. Edit - Default Settings - Materials - General Materials by object type

I do not understand exactly from your post what is there that shouldn't be or should be there that isn't.

Some catalog downloads are not for all possible titles, what each catalog is for is stated upon the webpage, it may be that some of the libraries you downloaded are "Pro Only" and that would explain why they did not later appear as expected. Since you did not say which ones you downloaded and which ones appeared and did then not appear, one can only then guess at what you are complaining of.

Please be more precise in your posts and then like-kind responses can then ensue.

DJP

David Jefferson Potter

Chief Architect® Teacher, Tutor, Draftsman, Author of "Basic Manual Roof Editing" and Problem Solver
    Chief Premier 7-16, Home Designer 7-2014 All Titles
    Win7 Ultimate x64 & XP Pro x32 500 gb Samsung SSD
    AMD Phenom II X6 1090T, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, PNY 760 GTX

3101 Shoreline Drive #2118, Austin, Texas 78728-6929
    Office Phone:512-518-3161
    Main E mail: david@djpdesigns.net
    Web Site:http://djpdesigns.net
    My You Tube Channel Follow me on Facebook

I found out some of my answers by accident today. I see that different catalogs are "assigned" to different templates. As far as the downloads are concerned they do not propagate a set of files already in use. I should have known better. Opening up another template I found them all listed.

Familiarity I agree with you. There seems to be a fairly large learning curve and I only have 30 or so hours into this. Thanks for your response.
    MacBook Pro
    Model Identifier: MacBookPro 8,3
    Intel Core i7
    Processor Speed: 2.2 GHz
    Number of Processors: 1
    Memory: 16 GB

Home Designer Architectural 2014
    Build 15.1.1.1x32

Hey Winger,

If you are going to search for quality materials. you can manage to copy someone else's design and you can achieve your look without a professional doing it all for you. I am an Metal wall sculpture designer and Metal wall art in Florida at United States, and I truly believe most anyone can design effectively and beautifully on their own! First I recommend that you look through a bunch of pictures of rooms. Search photos online and in magazines. Once you have found one that is really what you are going for, all you have to do is know how to search for what you see. I hope this will be useful to you.

- Krisht