Placeholder in place of furniture

Has anybody seen this? Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hd-placeholder-Capture.PNG 
Views:	266 
Size:	12.2 KB 
ID:	12960

All furniture and fixtures display as a rectangle with a diamond inside? what button did I push??? Have tried using autobackup copy with same results. this is the only plan where it occurs.

jon
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560M (331.40)
    3GB VRAM
    Win 7 Pro, 64-bit, SP1
    Chief Architect Premier X5
    HD Pro 2012
    Adobe CC
    A note pad and #2 pencil

I have seen it before, rarely, if you are using Chief Premier it is easy to fix with the tools provided. In Home Designer titles each furniture object would need to be replaced, one by one since what you see in plan view is a "two-dimensional" CAD block that is part of how symbols are written (programmed). Not being a software Architect I cannot say why this occurs, I would categorize it as "Plan Corruption" in order to give it a name. Generally speaking, plan corruption is caused by an accumulation of end-user errors while creating a plan file (wrong settings, wrong procedures, including assignment of materials, unnecessary wall and roof plane breaks, paradoxical dialog box settings). I do not say this as a criticism, just as observed fact.

I mentioned it is easy to repair in Premier because Premier has the ability to regenerate symbol 2-D CAD blocks or to even make your own custom CAD blocks and assign them to symbols, Home Designer titles do not have this ability.

Replacing the symbol instances should restore the plan view appearances unless the plan is already corrupted beyond repair, no way to know this without being able to view the plan.

DJP

David Jefferson Potter

Chief Architect® Teacher, Tutor, Draftsman, Author of "Basic Manual Roof Editing" and Problem Solver
    Chief Premier 7-16, Home Designer 7-2014 All Titles
    Win7 Ultimate x64 & XP Pro x32 500 gb Samsung SSD
    AMD Phenom II X6 1090T, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, PNY 760 GTX

3101 Shoreline Drive #2118, Austin, Texas 78728-6929
    Office Phone:512-518-3161
    Main E mail: david@djpdesigns.net
    Web Site:http://djpdesigns.net
    My You Tube Channel Follow me on Facebook

Sort of what I figured. Renders fine in 3D. This is part of the room renders (w/lots of custom F&F) for the project, so the base plan is not affected. Thanks David!

jon
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560M (331.40)
    3GB VRAM
    Win 7 Pro, 64-bit, SP1
    Chief Architect Premier X5
    HD Pro 2012
    Adobe CC
    A note pad and #2 pencil