Building stairs that fit from floor to next floor

I am a newbie. I have read and tried everything I can find and figure out on stair building. I have Home designer 10. I have an entry that is ground level, with a cathedral ceiling to the second floor. I have a main floor with second atop adjoining the entry. I have a basement that just goes under the main level. I want stairs from the basement to the entry, stairs from the entry to the main level, and then stairs from the main level to the second. None of these fit. They either plow through the floor, trying to go too high, or for the basement they do not reach the floor, which by the way only shows grass rather than a floor, and the ones to the second floor do not reach the second floor. I have tried so often I should have a degree in this, if I weren't such an abysmal failure. Please, can anyone help?

Donna,

It is very difficult to get a conceptual understanding of your problem just from text in your post. If you would please share your plan with me, I am sure I could then figure something workable out and share that with you and the group here.

DJP

David Jefferson Potter

Chief Architect® Teacher, Tutor, Draftsman, Author of "Basic Manual Roof Editing" and Problem Solver
    Chief Premier 7-16, Home Designer 7-2014 All Titles
    Win7 Ultimate x64 & XP Pro x32 500 gb Samsung SSD
    AMD Phenom II X6 1090T, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, PNY 760 GTX

3101 Shoreline Drive #2118, Austin, Texas 78728-6929
    Office Phone:512-518-3161
    Main E mail: david@djpdesigns.net
    Web Site:http://djpdesigns.net
    My You Tube Channel Follow me on Facebook

Hi I have Home Designer Architectural, I am having the same problem, I am trying to build stairs from the basement and the foundation is in the way. I have watched the tutorial three times, but it is not working. What is the best way to share my plan with you? Thanks. Anna