Understanding the materials list

I am somewhat new at Home Designer Arch 2012 and have a question about the materials list.

How do I understand what:

28 1/16 high Wall Interior-4
    97 1/8 high Wall Siding-6
    61 3/4 high Wall Interior-4
    . . .

and so on, specifically mean ? . . .

I know it has something to do with walls, heights (these listed figures don't make sense) and so on, but I can't figure out where to visually locate these on my plan as a reference point as well as justify these numbers.

the verbiage has me stumped until one of you seasoned veterans helps me figure it out
    thanks

28 1/16 high Wall Interior-4 : "Interior-4" stands for walls, you have drawn that have a 2" x 4" structural interior layer, this wall type also has in inner layer of 1/2" sheet rock (drywall) on either side of the structural 2" x 4" .

The "28 1/16" value is an inventory of that wall type found in the model at that stated height.

"Siding-6"
    stands for walls that you created that have a 2" x 6" structural interior layer, an inner layer of drywall (sheet rock), a outer layer of moisture barrier, then sheathing (OSB) then the outer-most layer of siding. The dimensional value is merely the inventoried height.

In terms of understanding the read out, it has nothing to do with precise locations (unless you use the "materials list from room" limiter of course), the tool inventory's the model or more precisely, how you built the model. The materials list measures what you did, it is not designed to make corrections for your skill or the lack thereof or traditional procedures or conventions, it just measures what you have rightly or wrongly made, en masse. The materials list tool adds up what you have knowingly or unknowingly placed or allowed to be placed into the model.

DJP

David Jefferson Potter

Chief Architect® Teacher, Tutor, Draftsman, Author of "Basic Manual Roof Editing" and Problem Solver
    Chief Premier 7-16, Home Designer 7-2014 All Titles
    Win7 Ultimate x64 & XP Pro x32 500 gb Samsung SSD
    AMD Phenom II X6 1090T, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, PNY 760 GTX

3101 Shoreline Drive #2118, Austin, Texas 78728-6929
    Office Phone:512-518-3161
    Main E mail: david@djpdesigns.net
    Web Site:http://djpdesigns.net
    My You Tube Channel Follow me on Facebook

Thank you David,

The "28 1/16" value is an inventory of that wall type found in the model at that stated height) . . . ? can you better explain this comment ? . . . don't quite understand the 28 1/16" value and where it comes from, I don't recall a wall of that size, unless I do not understand you.

I knew I could count on your experience to better help me understand the points made. I will review "my design" and then have another look at the materials listing.

Sight unseen, I cannot further explain what I have explained. It measures what is there and categorizes what it measures into groups, past that as an explanation we would need a Software Architect from Chief Architect Inc and your model (plan file) to be more precise.

DJP

David Jefferson Potter

Chief Architect® Teacher, Tutor, Draftsman, Author of "Basic Manual Roof Editing" and Problem Solver

@ BACLLC, somewhere in your drawing there is a 28 1/16" wall section of that type. Unfortunately there is no way with this software to search for an item and have it highlighted for you. You must manually inspect everything.
    HD Pro 2012

I then assume that it is a vertical wall (of this size) ? . . . which would then make locating it rather easy . . .

The materials list also measures auto-generated attic walls on the "A" or attic level. it is highly likely that such walls might be found there but I am just postulating.

DJP

David Jefferson Potter