Glossary or Definition of Terms used in HD

Is there a glossary of terms used in HD? The reference diagrams in many of the dialogs are not always precise enough to to understand the exact meaning or how the setting is going to be applied.

TIA - Mark

Not presently, I have suggested this be done, several times over the years, in actual fact the last glossary that appeared in Chief Inc documentation is one that I compiled with the agreement of then then Tech Writer for Chief Premier Version 6 in 1999 (she left the company after that, and I have yet to find another sympathetic ear there). For now you just have to fend for yourself in terms of clearing up terms. Your best source is the WWW or asking here or at Chief Talk.

You are so right, in that if you do not understand the terms used, you will not have an easy time understanding the documentation, that is why a glossary is so basically fundamental relative to study.

DJP

David Jefferson Potter

Chief Architect® Teacher, Tutor, Draftsman, Author of "Basic Manual Roof Editing" and Problem Solver
    Chief Premier 7-16, Home Designer 7-2014 All Titles
    Win7 Ultimate x64 & XP Pro x32 500 gb Samsung SSD
    AMD Phenom II X6 1090T, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, PNY 760 GTX

3101 Shoreline Drive #2118, Austin, Texas 78728-6929
    Office Phone:512-518-3161
    Main E mail: david@djpdesigns.net
    Web Site:http://djpdesigns.net
    My You Tube Channel Follow me on Facebook

Thanks David.

So far I've been impressed with the amount of tutorials and documentation, but the lack of a glossary seems a glaring deficiency. For now I guess I'll muddle through with some trial and error and a bit steeper learning curve.

Mark

Wikipedia and Google Images are both invaluable resources for learning building terms if you aren't familiar with them.
    Kat >^..^<
    -
    Home Designer Architectural 10
    AHD 8
    Deluxe 7