Terrain: part of 2nd floor floating in air

Hello all,

Architect 2014

Question: part of second floor floating in air.

Have sloped lot with walk-out basement and second story above . Solved this with, How to Create a Walk-out Basement on Sloping Terrain.

Part of second story has its own footings as there is no first floor below. How do I adjust my terrain to infill under this attached room(s). I am excavating the walkout basement/first floor but not excavating under the “floating” second floor area.

Thanks, Bigbuck

Welcome to the Forum!

Important posts/threads you should read:

Welcome New Users

How to get good answers

How to attach pictures

I am guessing that you are complaining of a hole in the terrain underneath your cantilevered second story. If this is it, that is caused by a setting found in the "Terrain Specification Dialog" called "Hide Terrain intersected by building", unchecking that will fill in the hole but may cause unwanted results elsewhere. You can also fill the space with a slab or soffit, it is your choice based upon your overall results.

DJP

David Jefferson Potter

Chief Architect® Teacher, Tutor, Draftsman, Author of "Basic Manual Roof Editing" and Problem Solver
    Chief Premier 7-16, Home Designer 7-2014 All Titles
    Win7 Ultimate x64 & XP Pro x32 500 gb Samsung SSD
    AMD Phenom II X6 1090T, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, PNY 760 GTX

3101 Shoreline Drive #2118, Austin, Texas 78728-6929
    Office Phone:512-518-3161
    Main E mail: david@djpdesigns.net
    Web Site:http://djpdesigns.net
    My You Tube Channel Follow me on Facebook

Thank you David, Checking the box solved everything. Also, no surprises. After spending a few hours working the terrain process it is much clearer, as is the pattern with this software. Thanks again.