Home Designer Pro 2014 Trial Version - location of Online Help Videos

Hello. Last week I downloaded the trial version of HD Pro 2014. I had hoped to jump right into my project, so that I could determine whether or not the software will do what I need before purchasing. Of course, that turned out to be a bit optimistic. Like every other CAD program I've ever used, there is going to be a learning curve. Not a problem. I did view the demo before downloading, but I found it too fast paced and too oriented to "conventional" tasks to be of much value to me as a learning tool. My current project is the construction of a 12' x 16' off-grid cabin with partial loft to sit on a foundation of concrete piers and treated lumber beams. Floors, walls, and loft will be composed of modular panels that will constructed off-site, and trucked in for assembly (Tiny House Design: Tiny Prefab method variant, if that is of any interest). The cabin is to be surrounded by decks on three sides that are adjacent, but not attached (to the cabin or each other), also on piers. After discovering that I need some training, I thought that I would be best served by taking a few hours today and going through the Online Help Videos, beginning with the most basic, to (at minimum) learn whether "the chicken or the egg" does come first (I have the impression that the "correct" or expected sequence of creating layers/objects is important in this program, and that seemed to be a large part of my initial difficulty). However, when I use the "View Online Help Videos" selection under Help from the main program menu, it takes me to a web page that appears to be missing, or otherwise nonfunctional: "http://video.homedesigner.chiefarchitect.com/?product=4&utm_source=Home+Designer+Pro+Trial+Vers ion+15.2.0.87+x32&utm_medium=software&utm_campaign =Resource%3A+videos". If fact, the entire subdomain "http://video.homedesigner.chiefarchitect.com" appears to be defunct. I've tried this in IE8 as well as my browser of choice, Mozilla, with the same (lack of) results, so it wouldn't appear to be a browser choice issue. Can anyone tell me if this is some temporary glitch, or whether Chief Architect has moved these videos, and if so, to where? Are there videos elsewhere (e.g., YouTube) that are recommended for learning the basics of this program? Many thanks in advance.

-Roland
    Last edited by Roland; 01-27-2013 at 11:58 AM.

I was as surprised as you as to the broken link to the videos. I am sure they will have that fixed soon.

The link ( http://cloud.homedesignersoftware.co...nce-manual.pdf ) to the Reference Manual seems to work alright (just tried it).

My You Tube Page has over 100 videos mostly using Home Designer titles as the subject matter, until their video page is back on line (I am sure it is just a temporary glitch, I have never seen it down before for almost 20 years).

DJP

David Jefferson Potter

Chief Architect® Teacher, Tutor, Draftsman, Author of "Basic Manual Roof Editing" and Problem Solver
    Chief Premier 7-16, Home Designer 7-2014 All Titles
    Win7 Ultimate x64 & XP Pro x32 500 gb Samsung SSD
    AMD Phenom II X6 1090T, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, PNY 760 GTX

3101 Shoreline Drive #2118, Austin, Texas 78728-6929
    Office Phone:512-518-3161
    Main E mail: david@djpdesigns.net
    Web Site:http://djpdesigns.net
    My You Tube Channel Follow me on Facebook

David, I will take look at your YouTube page, which I am sure will be helpful. Thank you very much!

Looks like they were having trouble with the videos over the weekend. but I see that they are working fine now.
    Lamina
    Pro 2014
    Pro 2012
    Architectural 9