Threaded View

Question GPS Wizard nuances.

OK - I found part of the problem. (Scanned all the 'terrain' Help database questions) It turns out that a new plan creates a 'default' 100' square perimeter. The existence of any perimeter precludes importing any additional 'perimeter' gps data. Once I deleted the default perimeter, the drop-down now includes the perimeter selection.

The real question: Now, how can I get the 'Marker' import option to appear? (I'd like non-elevation GPS data in order to hasten setting the footprint of my home/landscape features within my plan's outside 'perimeter')

Next: I'd like to get the ability to set my plan/perimeter's Origin like the help documents suggests will happen within the Gps Wizard. What 'states' do I need to acquire to get this to appear?

I also noticed that when importing two gps files, one perimeter then one elevation that they are tossed into the plan seemingly unaware that the elevations should be within the perimeter - instead they are treated as separate objects. (Maybe getting the 'Origin' set would fix this too)

Maybe this is a bug - I've submitted a ticket...

Thanks for any ideas here.
    Last edited by Bret; 02-19-2013 at 07:30 PM. Reason: Clarify = Is it a bug?