Hybrid View

Grass showing up in living room

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	terrain.jpg 
Views:	248 
Size:	98.2 KB 
ID:	13160Hello all;

I've been working on a plan for a while, and the 3D views always worked correctly for me. All of a sudden, the terrain is showign up in the house, despite the fact that I have the "hide terrain that intersects with bulding" box checked (see attached). The software thinks that the living room is outside the building.

Any idea how to fix this? Did I inadvertently change a setting somewhere?

Thank
    Last edited by Colby; 02-24-2013 at 06:59 AM.

i'm not sure but is the house build on flat ground?if not there could ly the answer.

No, it's a sloping lot from front to back with a walk out basement. When I look at the lower level in 3D, it looks fine. But when I look at the main floor in 3D, the ground intersects it as shown in the image.

I see what the problem is now, but I have no idea how to fix it. The software thinks this is an outdoor area. See attached screenshot, where the contour lines are not showing up anywhere inside the house except for the area where the grass is showing up in the living room. The room is designated as "unspecified" type, which is the same as all the other rooms. I've spent so much time on this thing, I'd hate to have to start over. Does anyone know how I can set this room up so that the software recognizes that it's part of the inside of the building?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Plan2.jpg 
Views:	232 
Size:	207.0 KB 
ID:	13161

In the Terrain Specification Dialog there is a check box for allowing or not allowing terrain to be cut off by the building but in some cases the terrain does not (as you have surmised) recognized that there is building there, in such cases you create a "Terrain Feature" the shape of the area where you do not want terrain, then open that feature's dialog and check it to be a "Hole in the Terrain" and that will remove the unwanted terrain.

DJP

David Jefferson Potter

Chief Architect® Teacher, Tutor, Draftsman, Author of "Basic Manual Roof Editing" and Problem Solver
    Chief Premier 7-16, Home Designer 7-2014 All Titles
    Win7 Ultimate x64 & XP Pro x32 500 gb Samsung SSD
    AMD Phenom II X6 1090T, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, PNY 760 GTX

3101 Shoreline Drive #2118, Austin, Texas 78728-6929
    Office Phone:512-518-3161
    Main E mail: david@djpdesigns.net
    Web Site:http://djpdesigns.net
    My You Tube Channel Follow me on Facebook

Thanks so much, David. That solved the problem - although speaking as a software developer, I wouldn't exactly call this a "feature"