Hybrid View

DJP/Elovia-I will give it try. David, I wasn't up to speed on making "custom wall types" so yes, it was (2) interior wall's w/a gap for the actual chase that needs to be 3". Elovia when I figure out how to make the custom wall maybe that will change the effects.

I hadn't thought about the "wall abuts other walls" so that is on my radar screen.

A new development however; is that I noticed every time I close the plan and later reopen to work on it, the interior walls keep attaching to different surface points to the chase.
    In order to stop that, I played around with the wall break tool, and I added break wall points now they stay where I draw them, but after doing that, when I did an elevation camera, now my "Drywall" framed wall looks like CMU even though the floor plan shows framed chase walls not CMU.

I opened the wall type dialogue (for that wall) and checked and as you can see it is modeled as 4" framed w/ drywall. Previously when I did the elevation camera of that wall it displayed as drywall.

It won't matter to the people (volunteers) building it as long as the plan shows it's drywall, and that problem may fix itself once I do the custom wall / wall abuts other walls, I dont' know.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Elev camera doesn't show drywall.JPG 
Views:	302 
Size:	70.0 KB 
ID:	13210   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Chase wall drywall and framing.JPG 
Views:	366 
Size:	104.9 KB 
ID:	13209  
    BB Boy (Bob E)
    Home Designer Pro 10
    Home Designer Pro 7.08a
    Home Designer Pro 6.04
    Home Designer Suite 7
    Picture Painter Home & Landscape

Nashville-TN

“ The nicest thing about the future is that it always starts tomorrow”