Hybrid View

Sorry David, I forgot to answer your specific question; yes, I have enlarged the detail and made sure the alignment is "perfect". It kept snapping back, so I did a contolled move and it stayed. The muddle look is where the yellow part of the fraiming shows up as overlapping into one wall. The funny thing is one time in plan it may look like the entire corner of the framed wall is lapping half-way into the CMU, the next time I open it, looks like the wall laps part-way into the corner. I assume that is video display and not the sortware.
    BB Boy (Bob E)
    Home Designer Pro 10
    Home Designer Pro 7.08a
    Home Designer Pro 6.04
    Home Designer Suite 7
    Picture Painter Home & Landscape

Nashville-TN

“ The nicest thing about the future is that it always starts tomorrow”

As Elovia suggested, I created a "custom" wall type (11" chase); defined materials, fill stype etc., saved. I also check the helps, found and old thread about created a new wall type-and one responder said save a template, then you can copy and paste in each new plan when you want to use it again, so I also tried that. But pro 10 won't let you copy and paste or at least it wouldn't let me. I did save the wall type in my current plan, drew the chase wall, open the wall dialogue, defined and my "new" wall type was there. I did the buts wall, and it worked.

Now, new issue. Since I created the new wall type, my existing interior walls now want to snap to the other side of the chase (which would not be normal construction practice). I played around with the wall break, the buts wall, control drag, and even tried changing the "snap behavior" but no dice. So, I ready for another suggestion on how to get the interior walls to "butt" the interior of the room side of the chase.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Chase wall snap properties.JPG 
Views:	351 
Size:	105.4 KB 
ID:	13213   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	New Chase wall.JPG 
Views:	318 
Size:	68.2 KB 
ID:	13212  
    BB Boy (Bob E)
    Home Designer Pro 10
    Home Designer Pro 7.08a
    Home Designer Pro 6.04
    Home Designer Suite 7
    Picture Painter Home & Landscape

Nashville-TN

“ The nicest thing about the future is that it always starts tomorrow”