Hybrid View

The video has helpful info.
    I did fix the issue with the exterior CMU wall corner connection with the interior framed stud/drywall plumbing chase. Creating a "custom" wall and defining each layer as Elovia suggested did the trick.

The issue with the CMU showing up in camera view although the plan showed drywall is fixed, but I did check all the settings etc., you mentioned in your video and the CMU was NOT selected as the finish material. It is fixed now, after using the custom wall type, I pulled a camera view and it shows the drywall.

As you can see in the attached sketches, the interior perpendicular walls of the Elec and HVAC closets don't stop at the chase wall, but continue all the way through and if you notice the screen shot of the camera view now CMU is showing penetrating the drywall finish.

I have tried the help article # 33 "How to Adjust Wall Connections" that didn't change a thing. I have tried checking and unchecking wall "butts" other wall, no luch there. I open the preferences and changed the "snap" dimenstion which did nothing to fix the issue. I've tried a controlled drag pulling the end of the CMU wall back, then slowly draging it back into place and it still snaps all the way through. Any suggestions there? I've attached caputures of the floor plan so you can see the relation ship of each.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Floor plan.jpg 
Views:	382 
Size:	173.5 KB 
ID:	13222   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Chase wall snap properties.JPG 
Views:	313 
Size:	105.4 KB 
ID:	13221   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Corner fixed.JPG 
Views:	292 
Size:	28.7 KB 
ID:	13218   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CMU pentrating drywall.JPG 
Views:	324 
Size:	55.8 KB 
ID:	13219   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CMU penetrates Chase wall finish.JPG 
Views:	336 
Size:	26.5 KB 
ID:	13220  

Last edited by BB boy; 03-07-2013 at 12:28 PM.
    BB Boy (Bob E)
    Home Designer Pro 10
    Home Designer Pro 7.08a
    Home Designer Pro 6.04
    Home Designer Suite 7
    Picture Painter Home & Landscape

Nashville-TN

“ The nicest thing about the future is that it always starts tomorrow”

Quote Originally Posted by BB boy View Post
    As you can see in the attached sketches, the interior perpendicular walls of the Elec and HVAC closets don't stop at the chase wall, but continue all the way through and if you notice the screen shot of the camera view now CMU is showing penetrating the drywall finish.
    Note that when you created your custom wall type, one of the layers is designated as the "main layer". Also note that the layers are displayed with respect to the exterior surface (i.e., the exterior surface is at the top of the stack of layers displayed).

So ... what I'm about to say may be confusing but I'll give it a try anyway. All walls have an interior and exterior surface depending on how they're drawn. This is true even for interior walls that we generally understand to have an interior surface on each side. In the Preferences dialog, under Edit and in the Selection area, there should be a check box for "(S)tart and (E)nd Indicators". If you check that option, accept the change, and then select a wall in plan view, the selected wall will show the starting and ending points of that wall, thus indicating the point from which and the direction that the wall was drawn. In general, going from Start to End, the software's recognized interior surface will be on the right-hand side. This image should help visualize the parameters I described:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	intextwall.jpg 
Views:	383 
Size:	23.1 KB 
ID:	13224

OK ... that said, it is possible that your main layer is on the opposite side of the custom double wall type that you created because of the direction that you drew it. Other walls connecting into your custom wall type will try to connect to the main layer, so that behavior is expected. In your custom wall type, it appears you've set the main layer as the inner of the two "walls". Check to make sure the main layer is actually where you want it to be based on the (S)tart and (E)nd points of the wall you drew.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by Elovia; 03-07-2013 at 06:24 PM.
    Home Designer Pro 8
    Home Designer Pro 10