Thread: 2 story garage

Hybrid View

2 story garage

I am trying to build a second story to an existing plan, the garage is connected to house with breezeway and I want to build a second story over garage???

Instead of automatically making the second floor like the first (the default offered when one orders "Build New Floor"), select the "Make New Blank Second Floor". There is no substitute for study of the Reference Manual followed by practice instead of trail and error guessing. You will need to learn how to use the "Reference Display" tool so you can see where the first floor walls are in reference to the blank second floor. It is how this software is designed to be used.

My advice is to learn the software and its tools before trying to create with it but I am old fashioned I guess.

DJP

David Jefferson Potter

Chief Architect® Teacher, Tutor, Draftsman, Author of "Basic Manual Roof Editing" and Problem Solver
    Chief Premier 7-16, Home Designer 7-2014 All Titles
    Win7 Ultimate x64 & XP Pro x32 500 gb Samsung SSD
    AMD Phenom II X6 1090T, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, PNY 760 GTX

3101 Shoreline Drive #2118, Austin, Texas 78728-6929
    Office Phone:512-518-3161
    Main E mail: david@djpdesigns.net
    Web Site:http://djpdesigns.net
    My You Tube Channel Follow me on Facebook

thank you for your help

I had already tried that however when I draw it it appears at a third floor level,i assume because I have a 2 story house already?

right. when you build a second floor you are actually creating the second floor drawing space. all you need to do is just draw the walls you want to see in the 2nd floor space over the garage.
    Lamina
    Pro 2014
    Pro 2012
    Architectural 9