Threaded View

Putting roofs on a design that has both single and double storey wings.

I am proud to say that I am at the stage of putting roofs on my design. As mention in the thread title my plan has bouth single and double storey wings.

I therefore turned to the User Manual for guidance but after battling to make sense of the tome in which every paragraph refers you to another page in another part of the Manual and you do your head in big time by flicking back and forth from one page, to another, to yet another and to yet another ad infinitum I managed to find Article 415 in the Help Database which is much easier to follow.

However the article doesn't actually tell you what to do in the case of a double storey. Logic tells me that the roof should be designed using the upper level plan and not the ground floor plan but when I did this I got a gable roof going through the middle of the building with staircases and windows sticking out of the top. I almost wet myself laughing.

Could someone tell me the correct way of roofing my plan? Please ignore the annotations on the attachments. They were put there to describe the plan in an e-mail to a friend.

Thank you.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Plan - ground floor.JPG 
Views:	284 
Size:	197.4 KB 
ID:	13497Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Plan - First floor.JPG 
Views:	280 
Size:	152.8 KB 
ID:	13498
    Now using Windows 7 Professional 32 bit. RIP Windows XP
    Home Designer 2014 Pro