Hybrid View

A house with 4 floors

I am designing a house with 4 floors, but with HD Suite 2014 it seems to be only possible to create a maximum of 3 floors. Please could someone explain how to create additional floors?

Many thanks,

Mark

Obviously you can't. At least "legally"
    But you can make very tall floors and add your ceilings and floors made of soffits/shapes. For example, make the 1st floor as tall as two or three storeys. Do the same for the 2nd and the third. And move doors and windows to the appropriate heights. But I woudn't recommend that if you wish to add furniture and accessories.
    Home Designer Architectural 2014

Hi Arthur,

Thanks very much for that tip. I'll give it a try. Just out of interest, do you know why 3 is the "legal" maximum number of floors that this software permits? It's a serious limitation and I wouldn't have thought that from a programming point of view it would be much of a problem to allow more floors...

Best wishes,

Mark

Home Designer titles are scaled down versions of Chief Architect Premier which has a 30 floor limitation. Chief Premier costs $2,600.00 compared to $495.00 for Home Designer Pro and other Home Designer titles which are limited to three distinct floors by its designers. You then get what you exchange money for. For more than thirty floors you would have to then spend a LOT more $$$ for other applications that cost more but are designed to be more limitless as to what can be easily conceived within them.

DJP

David Jefferson Potter

Chief Architect® Teacher, Tutor, Draftsman, Author of "Basic Manual Roof Editing" and Problem Solver
    Chief Premier 7-16, Home Designer 7-2014 All Titles
    Win7 Ultimate x64 & XP Pro x32 500 gb Samsung SSD
    AMD Phenom II X6 1090T, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, PNY 760 GTX

3101 Shoreline Drive #2118, Austin, Texas 78728-6929
    Office Phone:512-518-3161
    Main E mail: david@djpdesigns.net
    Web Site:http://djpdesigns.net
    My You Tube Channel Follow me on Facebook