Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Programme is driving me mad today

Some have tried to convince me that HD 2014 Pro is totally infallible but I know that it does unexpected and unexplained things. I've had a great (sic) time this afternoon mending such things while making some very small changes to my plan.

One that I haven't been able to fix is where I deleted some walls on the plan because they were behaving oddly and I needed time to try and find a way of putting them back to create a log store but try as I might I can't get them to not show in perpective view.

Help please.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Walls still there.JPG 
Views:	250 
Size:	54.0 KB 
ID:	13515Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Walls deleted.  All gone..JPG 
Views:	232 
Size:	36.7 KB 
ID:	13516
    Now using Windows 7 Professional 32 bit. RIP Windows XP
    Home Designer 2014 Pro

KK,

Not enough information to comment past, "learning the ways of Home Designer" is not for the faint of heart. What exactly are you trying to do, with what, why please? All I am sure of is that you are exasperated.

DJP

David Jefferson Potter

Chief Architect® Teacher, Tutor, Draftsman, Author of "Basic Manual Roof Editing" and Problem Solver
    Chief Premier 7-16, Home Designer 7-2014 All Titles
    Win7 Ultimate x64 & XP Pro x32 500 gb Samsung SSD
    AMD Phenom II X6 1090T, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, PNY 760 GTX

3101 Shoreline Drive #2118, Austin, Texas 78728-6929
    Office Phone:512-518-3161
    Main E mail: david@djpdesigns.net
    Web Site:http://djpdesigns.net
    My You Tube Channel Follow me on Facebook

Agree with David, not really enough information to give any specific advice other than that wall is there for a reason (probably just not on the floor that your floor plan view is showing in the screenshot).
    Kat >^..^<
    -
    Home Designer Architectural 10
    AHD 8
    Deluxe 7

I don't know how much more information I can actually give other than to say that this topic should be read in conjunction with my other one regarding creating a wall of a specific height.

The previous wall that was in place on my initial attachment was one of those that "behaved oddly" in that I was unable to adjust the height in order to create the wood store. I then decided that the best thing to do would be to delete the walls from the plan together with another two that we doing the same thing. Where the walls used to be is indicated on the attachment to this post.

All the walls deleted successfully in plan view but the strange erections that are shown in my first attachment still remain in the full perspective overview. None of the other deleted walls do so and any attempt to open the object and delete it in perspective view fails.

The walls also do not appear on either the ground or first floor plans. As I said, they don't exist in plan view only in perspective.

Name:	Where walls once were.JPG 
Views:	219 
Size:	70.9 KB 
ID:	13519
    Home Designer 2014 Pro

Post a link to the updated version of the file on Dropbox and we'll see if we can try to clear up your confusion.
    Kat >^..^<
    -
    AHD 8
    Deluxe 7

Before getting to see the plan, had another thought that perhaps you turned off the display of "Attic Walls" in your 2D Floor Plan view, which is why you are only seeing them in your Perspective view. That could be why you are getting confused.
    Kat >^..^<
    -
    AHD 8
    Deluxe 7

Me confused? How very dare you!

But you are right. I did turn off the display of "Attic Walls" when you suggested I did so on another thread of mine which seems to have been deleted from the forum list. So, out of curiosity I turned it back on again and Lo! Several weird walls appeared on my plans:

Name:	With display attic walls checked - ground floor plan.JPG 
Views:	192 
Size:	67.4 KB 
ID:	13520 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	With display attic walls checked - first floor plan.JPG 
Views:	204 
Size:	68.9 KB 
ID:	13521 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	With display attic walls checked - attic.JPG 
Views:	215 
Size:	39.8 KB 
ID:	13522

I then clicked on the message that displays saying the fiddling with unwanted walls was not allowed and discovered Article Number 872 which explains the bizarre activity on my plans. It offers suggestions as to how to overcome the problem but to be quite honest I am extremely wary of even trying the suggestions because my gut feel is that if I do the "Build Roof" suggestion it will change all my gable walls to the default of hip walls and if I use the "Build> Floor> Rebuild Walls/Floors/Ceilings" suggestion all the work that I had to do to get my heights perfect will be undone and I'll have to go through that whole process again.
    Home Designer 2014 Pro

I don't know where you get some of these crazy ideas. Build roof doesn't change how your walls are defined, and Rebuild Walls/Floors/Ceilings doesn't do what you're suggesting it will either (double check your software's Documentation on what these features do).
    Kat >^..^<
    -
    AHD 8
    Deluxe 7

[QUOTE=Katalyst777;76809]I don't know where you get some of these crazy ideas. [QUOTE]

It's all about trust. I have only been using computers, the Internet and such like since 2002 and software such as this for a few short months. I have yet to build up enough comfidence to trust any of it.
    Home Designer 2014 Pro

The "Build> Floor> Rebuild Walls/Floors/Ceilings" (which apparently has to be done in 3D view) did absolutely nothing so I followed the instructions on page 355 of my software documentation and got the marvellous result depicted below:

Name:	Wonderful result of rebuilding roofs.JPG 
Views:	226 
Size:	71.8 KB 
ID:	13523

Se anything untoward?

Thank God for the "undo" facility.
    Home Designer 2014 Pro

It appears that you have multiple instances of roof planes in places and other unwanted artifacts, all of which come from guessing as opposed to study, confirmed by practice with tools in simple test plans (for practice only).

Chief Inc does offer on line training for Chief Premier users and due to the similarity between Chief Premier and Home Designer titles I am sure they can help you. I do the same sort of work but for a lot less per hour and I specialize in helping Home Designer users.You might consider contacting me for live, on-line help as well, I am sure in an hour or so, all your problems can be solved.

DJP

David Jefferson Potter

Chief Architect® Teacher, Tutor, Draftsman, Author of "Basic Manual Roof Editing" and Problem Solver
    Chief Premier 7-16, Home Designer 7-2014 All Titles
    Win7 Ultimate x64 & XP Pro x32 500 gb Samsung SSD
    AMD Phenom II X6 1090T, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, PNY 760 GTX

3101 Shoreline Drive #2118, Austin, Texas 78728-6929
    Office Phone:512-518-3161
    Main E mail: david@djpdesigns.net
    Web Site:http://djpdesigns.net
    My You Tube Channel Follow me on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by David J. Potter View Post
    It appears that you have multiple instances of roof planes in places and other unwanted artifacts, all of which come from guessing as opposed to study, confirmed by practice with tools in simple test plans (for practice only)
    Yes, David. Incidentally I do have a simple test plan on which I practice and, funnily enough, I do read tutorials and the 900 odd page user manual as opposed to simply guessing and when I get stuck I turn to these forums in the hope of getting some help, not criticism. But let's not let that get in the way of you promoting your services. I am a 69 year old pensioner resident in the United Kingdom who exists on an income of $226 per week who could thus barely afford the cost of HD Pro 2014let alone additional tuition regadless of how inexpensive this might be.

@Kat...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tx2f558cyc....13%20plan.dxf
    Home Designer 2014 Pro

It looks like you attached a DXF file instead of a Home Designer .plan?
    Kat >^..^<
    -
    AHD 8
    Deluxe 7

Home Designer 2014 Pro

Are you sure you attached the right plan? This version doesn't have the double roof stuff demonstrated in your earlier screenshot.

As for why those attic walls are generating by the Garage/Oil Storage Tank room, you need to go down to Floor 0 and beneath them open that little room's specification dialog and uncheck "Roof over this Room" on the Structure tab of the Room Specification dialog.

Or just delete the walls that make up that room on Floor 0, unless you need them for some reason.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	roof looks fine.jpg 
Views:	179 
Size:	175.6 KB 
ID:	13524  
    Last edited by Katalyst777; 06-18-2013 at 02:01 PM.
    Kat >^..^<
    -
    AHD 8
    Deluxe 7