Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Hybrid View

Hi Kat.

Yes, it is the right plan. The reason the double roofs etc. aren't showing is that when I saw the monstrosity following the instructions on page 355 of the UM created I declined to save any changes and the plan reverted to what it was before.

Your advice about deleting stuff from floor 0 did the trick and you'll see from the attachment that those strange walls between the garage block and utility room have gone. Bitten the dust. Zapped. Thank you!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hallelujah! Weird walls gone!.JPG 
Views:	1129 
Size:	88.2 KB 
ID:	13525

Can I finish by saying what an absolute asset you are to these forums, especially to an apparent dope like me, and I'm sure that there are many others who have benefited and learnt from advice you have given them as I have done.

p.s. Love the shadows on your attachment.
    Now using Windows 7 Professional 32 bit. RIP Windows XP
    Home Designer 2014 Pro

I think I figured out what you did wrong to create those extra roof planes earlier by looking at the settings in the Build Roof dialog in trial version of Pro.

There are settings to "Retain Manually Drawn Roof Planes" and "Retain Edited Automatic Roof Planes" - You probably checked one or both of these when you auto rebuilt the roof.

As per the software's Help . . .

Check Retain Manually Drawn Roof Planes to prevent manually drawn roof planes from being deleted when roof planes are rebuilt. Automatic roof planes may be generated in the same location.
    Kat >^..^<
    -
    Home Designer Architectural 10
    AHD 8
    Deluxe 7