Gable wall and roof

Howdy! Not sure this will be answered soon, but worth a shot. All the tutorials I find on roofs don't address a floor plan like mine where the outer walls aren't inline allowing you to create new gable lines. The images show the detail. If I create a new wall in the garage the roof ignores it so it obviously looks at outer walls only. Need to create this roof line so I don't have to take to architect. Any help folks? Gracious and God Bless!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Roof-03.jpg 
Views:	723 
Size:	133.3 KB 
ID:	13581   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Roof-01.jpg 
Views:	720 
Size:	121.7 KB 
ID:	13579   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Roof-02.jpg 
Views:	323 
Size:	52.5 KB 
ID:	13580   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Roof-04.jpg 
Views:	441 
Size:	85.2 KB 
ID:	13582   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Roof-FP.jpg 
Views:	310 
Size:	97.9 KB 
ID:	13583  

There may be several ways to achieve this detail depending on which software title that you're using, and depending on your expectations.

In short, it looks like you're trying to model an L-shaped building with gable ends. Although you have some embellishments to a plain L-shape, the following help database article may provide insight on how to proceed:
    http://www.homedesignersoftware.com/...?faqNumber=456

Hope this helps.
    Home Designer Pro 8
    Home Designer Pro 10

Elovia's advice is a great place to start if all you have is the automatic roof tools, but looking at your screenshot of a Vector framing view, I'm guessing you have Pro, so you could also just manually adjust the roof planes to create what you want as well.
    Kat >^..^<
    -
    Home Designer Architectural 10
    AHD 8
    Deluxe 7

Thanks for the reply, Katalyst777 and Elovia. I have Pro 2012. The tutorial on a L shaped house does not work because of the offset on the right side. An "L" shaped house assumes walls inline with each other whereas mine are not.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Roof-Issue-01.jpg 
Views:	544 
Size:	100.1 KB 
ID:	13584Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Roof-Issue-03.jpg 
Views:	918 
Size:	120.2 KB 
ID:	13585 The end result is a gap on a gable wall above the ceiling if I manually create the roof or an incorrect roof peak layout if I let it be done automatically. Throwing in a gable line does not affect the roof. This last attachment shows what it "should" look like as the architect drew it on our drawings, albeit mine has the gap when seen from the side. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Roof-Issue-02.jpg 
Views:	299 
Size:	153.8 KB 
ID:	13586

Little harder, no? If not, then what fun would the journey be?

The image of what it should look like should be pretty easy for you to do, just by manually editing the roof planes in Pro 2012. You might have to place some breaks to reshape them, but since you've already got most of the roof done and don't have to start from scratch it should be a pretty quick process.
    Kat >^..^<
    -
    Home Designer Architectural 10
    AHD 8
    Deluxe 7

Looks like you have a good start with the manual roof planes. in the image you provided where you note "Custom roof planes look like this" you just need to modify the lower roof plane so it forms around the wall that should be generating in the attic space of that gable. If necessary draw in the attic wall manually as well.

This article covers the technique I'm referring to http://www.homedesignersoftware.com/...?faqNumber=749
    Lamina
    Pro 2014
    Pro 2012
    Architectural 9

Well, lol, I got part of the way so thank you to folks for that much (Lamina and the link given), but I'm still stuck. Now I could issue the drawings as is and just talk about it to the framer, but with my luck the house will be built just like what you see! Look at the image to see where I've gotten. Maybe I could decorate it like a flag or something. Hmmm....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Roof-05.jpg 
Views:	340 
Size:	150.1 KB 
ID:	13587

I edited the wall itself (attic gable wall) by looking at it from a cross sectional view, then breaking it on one side, then grabbing the upper left corner and dragging it down! Trusses wont be right but the truss company will help me build those anyway. This worked but I'm still listening if anyone wants to show me the "right" way! God bless to all who helped!

Name:	Architects_Design-01.jpg 
Views:	313 
Size:	92.5 KB 
ID:	13588Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Roof-Fix-02.jpg 
Views:	464 
Size:	187.0 KB 
ID:	13589Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Roof-Fix-01.jpg 
Views:	425 
Size:	151.9 KB 
ID:	13590

If you had to manually draw in that wall, marking it as an Attic Wall would have helped the roof to cut the wall where necessary but manually editing the wall works just as well. I've done it both ways.
    Lamina
    Pro 2014
    Pro 2012
    Architectural 9

Cool. So the wall was added in the "attic" view and can only be edited in the attic layer. Doesn't that make it an attic wall? I also checked the box that said Roof cuts wall at bottom, but no luck.

there is an option on the wall specification for attic wall

Name:	attic wall.jpg 
Views:	316 
Size:	63.2 KB 
ID:	13591
    Lamina
    Pro 2014
    Pro 2012
    Architectural 9