Thread: Hip Roof

Hip Roof

I am building a ranch with a cathedral ceiling in the middle of the home. This is part of the great room. When I build the roof I have like eight levels of roof line. Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?
    KIM

Check your wall heights. Double click in each room with an exterior wall and make sure the wall heights are all the same. Sometimes one will somehow change and you need to set it back. Then delete the roof and try again.

HIP ROOF

Hagar

I do have my walls in the great room set at 144 and the kitchen that is next to it set at 108. Is this why I am having this problem? Can you build the roof and then go back and change the wall height? I need the elevated ceiling in the great room. Do you know how to do a sloping ceiling?

Kim
    KIM

I have not done this but I think maybe you need to delete the roof, then make a second floor over the great room with a wall height of 36 and room type open below and no ceiling. The no ceiling will produce a cathedral ceiling with a slope that matches the roof pitch. Set the kitchen to show a ceiling. The program then should build a 36 inch wall above the kitchen up to the cathedral ceiling after you build a new roof.

That's about all I can offer; perhaps others might have more efficient solutions.

This program sure is addicting..... ! I think I will upgrade to Pro so I can build a ceiling separate from the roof pitch, among other advantages.

You can build the roof with your ceiling heigts all the same to get the roof style you want then go back into the room after the roof is built and change the ceiling height.

Be sure to hit f12 to rebuild walls floors and ceilings before taking a 3D view so you can see the results.
    Dan Park
    Customer Support Manager
    Chief Architect, Inc