Hybrid View

UnHappy adding a addition

my existing basement is a crawlspace [4feet] i want afull basement under the new addition. i can't figure out how to do this. i'm a new user.[ home designer 6.0 ]

UnHappy adding a addition

home designer 6.0 new user. my existing basement is a crawlspace[4 feet ] i want to have a full basement under new addition. i can only dig down 4 feet[cause of building codes] how do i raise the addition to the height i need.

Assuming you can have a "basement" that is four foot below ground level, you need to have your main floor at a height of roughly five feet. As I am uncertain on how your version handles the building pad, or what control you have over it, I have to include the roughly.

Setting each first floor room's Floor Height value to 60 inches should do it. That should give you at least eight foot of basement headroom and a 12 inch platform thickness without exceeding the four foot excavation limit. Unfortunately, you can't change the zero default floor height. You must change each room individually (don't forget closets, halls, etc.). And don't forget to write over or delete the "D" in the value field, or it will fall back to the default.

When it comes time to build the foundation, simply build a basement with an eight foot ceiling height.
    Call me Root
    HDP 7

Is your addition floor going to be 4' higher than the existing?
    Allen Colburn Jr.

Chief Architect XII
    Home Designer Pro 8
    Home Designer Suite 8

Drafting for:
    http://www.artformhomeplans.com/