Question Rim Joist not present in Orthograpic Framing View

First Post so please excuse any short coming in the post.

Using HD Pro 2014

Attached is a jpeg pix. Shows 1st and 2nd floor framing view and note the missing RIM Joist. I checked to make sure I had the wall "Build platform to this line" selected for the correct layer. I have no idea why the RIM Joist does not appear in the Framing view.

As for my skill set I would say average user. I have been using HD Pro on and off since 2010, I have spent a lot of hours learning and experimenting with the various tools. I have created a complete replica of my current home in this application; from foundation to roof to cabinets and showers to electrical outlets. But this one problem nags at me and I would really like to understand what I am doing wrong.

As for how soon I would like to solve, no real deadline, but would sure like to end my frustration as soon as possible..

Many many thanks in advance !

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Missing Rim Joist.JPG 
Views:	315 
Size:	46.6 KB 
ID:	13881

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HD Pro Version.JPG 
Views:	280 
Size:	16.3 KB 
ID:	13883
    Last edited by RM8168; 10-11-2013 at 05:15 AM.

"Rim joist" is a setting in "Framing Defaults" and of course any framing member can be manually added or edited at any time when pre-settings fail or or overlooked.
    If you want a rim joist, add them manually, where and as you want.

DJP

David Jefferson Potter

Chief Architect® Teacher, Tutor, Draftsman, Author of "Basic Manual Roof Editing" and Problem Solver
    Chief Premier 7-16, Home Designer 7-2014 All Titles
    Win7 Ultimate x64 & XP Pro x32 500 gb Samsung SSD
    AMD Phenom II X6 1090T, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, PNY 760 GTX

3101 Shoreline Drive #2118, Austin, Texas 78728-6929
    Office Phone:512-518-3161
    Main E mail: david@djpdesigns.net
    Web Site:http://djpdesigns.net
    My You Tube Channel Follow me on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by David J. Potter View Post
    "Rim joist" is a setting in "Framing Defaults" and of course any framing member can be manually added or edited at any time when pre-settings fail or or overlooked.
    If you want a rim joist, add them manually, where and as you want.

DJP
    Hi David, Thanks for the response. I did have the RIM Joist box checked in the Framing Defaults. And the RIM Joist didn't build. However, I didn't have the "Automatic Floor/Ceiling Framing" box checked. So I checked that on each of the Floors and that resolved the issue of building the RIM Joist.

So thanks for taking me back to the Defaults settings. My home was stick built years ago and while the Auto framing does not exactly follow the stick build I'm able to adjust manually where I need to.

Thanks again !